Okay, this picture may not look that good, but it really was a lot of work. A couple of weeks ago I dug up all the plants that were around the fire pit.Either they were dead or just ugly( I don't know much about gardening) It was so much work! Anyways, this weekend I planted 8 azalea bushes instead. They are small, but just wait, they will grow and look just as good as the ones in the front yard! I will take pictures next spring! As for the tall grassy things, well, you know I thought of digging those up too, but decided to give them a chance. Many people have them in their yards here, maybe they do something fabulous in the summer?
Jack in the azalea plants!
This is Sadie's friend Reagan. She lives across the street, and they are the same age. They can be so cute together, I catch them just giggling together all the time. And the great thing is, she lives so close, and they will go to Kindergarten together.
Before we left on our trip I did a little project for the girls room. My friend Heidi is really good at decorating and all kinds of stuff, and she helped me paint their furniture white. We pored over them for three days! It was a lot of work, but so worth it! I love the way they turned out! I really could not of done it with out Heidi though, so thank you so much!
This dresser I found on craigslist for a great deal. We painted it too.
The girls are so totally my children. We rented Seven brides for seven brothers last week and the girls loved it!!! We watched it several times(it rained a little last week) Anyways, below is a picture of Maddie dancing away and singing along
Just a cute picture of Sadie and myself. Sadie actually took this!
Jack is at such a fun age! He is growing and seems to be learning something new all the time.He loves to eat and likes everything. This is a picture of him "cleaning" his plate!




8 comments:
I really like the furniture =)
Great job on the furniture and the yard - Jack is growing so fast-I'm surprised you have flowers, how do you keep the kids from picking them? Way to keep Jack busy while you get ready!!!
I love your girls bedroom furniture. I've painted lots of furniture and it is a ton of work - but so worth it! I love your flowers - don't you love the weather down south - right now it is pretty much perfect.
I LOVE azaleas. They are gorgeous and smell sooooo yummy. Can't wait to see the ones by your fire pit. Nice job! The furniture is pretty awesome, too. I love painting things and staining things. It is so much fun. We miss you guys!
Your house looks so homey, and your yard is awesome! It really makes me miss having a home. Great job on the furniture!
The furniture looks great! I love posts with lots of pictures of the kids, they just get cuter every time!
Love the girls furniture. Turned out so cute. The dresser is beautiful. I'm also jealous of the warm weather. It was nice enough today and play outside.
Looks and sounds like you guys had a great vacation. Sounds like a lot of fun, and very busy. I'm impressed by the 16 hour drive!
Where do you get all the time and energy to do all the extra stuff like yard work and painting furniture? Your place looks incredible - can't wait to see it in person. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures!
Post a Comment