Maddie giving it a try
And Jack
Yesterday was our 10 year anniversary!!! I can hardly believe it has been 10 years already. Time flies. Maddie made this little sign and hung it on our door. Pretty cute. We had a babysitter come over and we went out shopping, to dinner, browsed a book store, went to a movie......it was so nice. We were gone for 7 1/2 hours!!! That is the longest time we have had just the two of us in years!!!!!
And this is Da's dream come true. The corolla is on its last leg. We have been talking for awhile about getting something new(new to us that is) . We talked about another mini-van so that it could fit the whole family, we considered another little commuter car, and we had talked about a truck. Finally a couple of weeks ago I just said " Honey, I think you should get a truck" He said " Really??? You think I should get a truck????"" I am so happy for him, that he could be sooooo happy. He has been a kid on Christmas morning around here. I love you Da!!! You are worth all the trucks in the world! Happy Anniversary.
Oh, and I just want to throw this little story in too. So, several months ago, Da lost his scriptures. We tore the house up looking for them. We thought they would eventually turn up, but they never did. So, finally he told the kids he wanted new scriptures for Father's day. I ordered them online, they came a few days ago and I put them away. Monday Da is just walking through our bathroom and in the middle of the floor is his old scriptures, case and all!!!! He was flabbergasted! Immediately he calls the kids and asks who found them. Jack said "Me" Da asked where and Jack said "show you cmon" Goes in our closet points in the corner and says right there. Now I know we looked all through that closet and we never found them. Just goes to show that Jack put them in some weird spot in the closet he only knows about and fitting that he would find them. Just go figure they turn up after the new ones just barely come! The worst part is suddenly we did not have a Father's day gift. Guess the truck has to count for that too! :)
Regionals Day 2!
4 years ago




5 comments:
Good times! So great that your kids are doing swim lessons. Mine haven't taken any since the Pullman days and I'm sure have forgotten completely how to swim :( Fun to have s'mores and I love those big marshmellows too - and chubby bunny is a classic, glad you now have the joy of knowing it. The new truck is awesome and great that you got an extended cab for the kids, yay for Da! It's fun to let your boys have their toys :) Happy 10 years!!
Nice truck
Jack sounds just like the Conman. He always fesses up with no good explanation. I think Dave is pretty jealous of the truck. Way cooler than his crappy mini-van.
Congrats to you guys on a decade! I remember your reception and it both seems like forever ago and not that long ago! Yay for Da's new truck and the kids look like they're LOVING swim lessons! Glad your summer's off to a fun start!
Maybe if I saved up my allowance I could get a truck...
Post a Comment