Thursday, December 1, 2011

Madelynn Sue Baptism

November 26th, 2011 was one of the most special days this Campbell family will ever have. Madelynn Sue was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  We are so proud of her, and her choice. 
About two weeks before her baptism, we went to the Temple and I took her picture in her white dress.  It was sweet to see her there, and know that someday we will be at the Temple and she will be in her white dress and she will be married.  The pictures turned out sweet.











Da and I were both pretty emotional.  It is unreal that she is 8, and here we have this beautiful little girl with her own testimony. 
Da of course baptized her and confirmed her. My mom gave the talk on Baptism, and I gave the talk on The Holy Ghost.  We had two musical numbers.  Bud,Cass, Luke and Lara sang "Learn of me", which Maddie chose, and than Maddie and her cousins sang a primary song. I really don't know the real name of the song, but my kids have always called it "The song of a bird"  I have sung it to them before bed for years and years.  Its a family favorite. Grant and my Dad were the witnesses.  Liz said the opening prayer, my Dad the closing. Heath led the music.  It was really a special baptism. One really wonderful thing about our ward is that the baptism is very individual for the child, you don't share your baptism with another child.  Maddie chose the entire program. The spirit was strong, and it will be preserved in our family's mind forever. 

I love this family picture.  Seems pretty real as Jack is trying to run away! Well this is what it's like with a big family!  :)  You never get a great family shot.


We took this picture of my entire family at the church.  Of course it's already out of date with Bud and Heath's baby on the way.  You think my parents have a big family?

A few random shots of our family after the baptism. I love this little Pay!


Look at this cute little girl, I love that dress!  :)   I am such an awesome Aunt, Liz is so lucky that I love to yard sale and I am always buying her darling little clothes and shoes.  :)
This is little Bear. He is such a sweet little baby. I like his shirt too, came from my boys.  :)

This is Parker.  He is Maddie's good friend, and the bishops son.  He was so cute.  His mom told me how worried he was getting ready for Maddie's baptism. He wouldn't let his Mom tie his tie, only his Dad, because he does a better job. He was all worried about his hair, he told his Mom that he wanted to impress Maddie.  Is that so cute? 

This is a cousin shot, all my parents grand kids. 

Maddie looked so pretty.
The guys in the confirmation circle.
Bishop Hansen, John McNamara, Grant, Dad, Da, Luke, Brent, and Bud. 

We have one beautiful baptized girl. We love you Maddie Sue!  We could not be more proud of you.  
One down, three to go.

4 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

My heart aches that I missed Maddie's baptism. Give her my love and thanks for the pictures

Stuart and Kimber said...

Congratulations Maddie!! What a beautiful dress! Wish we could've been there.

Darren and Laura said...

i can't believe how grown up she is looking. it really is too fast

KrizteeTrain said...

Congrats to Maddie! And you looked great in your dress too Nikki!