Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 rocked

Thanksgiving 2011 pretty much rocked!  We had 18 house guests, a new record for a home.  We loved every minute of it, especially the kids.  My parents and Jared were here, Luke, Lara(her first visit to the south, I think we have them convinced to move here) Bud, Heath, Pay, Ashlyn, Grant, Liz, Hallie, Cass, Brent, Kierstyn, Reese, Ellie, and Bear.  Is that everyone? I think I have not forgotten anyone.  It was so much fun.   We ate tons of food and played games and talked late into the night. The kids played outside and inside and made so many memories with their cousins.  This was the first time I have been with all my siblings, ans spouses and kids in a long time. You really have to cherish these times as you get older, as it just doesn't happen much.  Thanks to everyone who made the trip! We love you! We love that you love us enough to stay at Hotel Campbell which was overbooked, but full of love and fun! We love that you love Maddie enough to come and share in her precious and special day!


Thank you Aunt Lara for sitting at the piano with Maddie for many hours last week and re sparking her love for the instrument. It helps to keep practicing knowing an awesome Aunt can play too!

Yes, Jared is a full blown teenager now. Who else can sleep on the couch with 23 people running around? Only a teenage has this gift and talent. Its Bud all over again.

I had this dress laid out for Ashlyn because it was too small for my girls, but Hallie found it and wore it every day she was here!  What a little girl.   Even my mom said how much Hallie reminds her of Maddie at that age.  

Of course we went to the swamp, one of the really cool things about the south. 





We also went to the lights  but I forgot my camera that night, and Heath took a bunch of pics for me, but of course I forgot to download her camera before she left, so unless she emails them to me, you will just have to imagine the fun and beauty without pictures.   Since I have had Kev, I seriously have no brain! It is sooooo bad!

Yes, after everyone left, I did laundry for 2 days straight, and I am positive we hit a record with this folding pile!  Much LOVE and appreciation to my wonderful and darling Husband who folded all these clothes.   He folded and I put away!  I love him!!!

1 comment:

KrizteeTrain said...

That is a monster pile of laundry. A deer could die in your laundry and you wouldn't know for awhile, even after you started folding.