Its been a surprising and busy summer. Of course our biggest surprise is that we are expecting baby number 5! We really thought that 4 would be our magic number, but I guess the Lord has other plans for us. We are excited, and looking forward to adding another sweet spirit into our home. The hardest part is the pregnancy for me,. I am always very sick when I am pregnant, and this time is no exception. If anything, it reminds me very much of Maddie's pregnancy, which was my worst for sickness by far. I also never actually threw up when I was pregnant with the boys, just the girls, so that leads us to guess it may be a girl this time. But with that being said, every pregnancy is different and we will be happy either way at this point. I mean we already have some of each. I am so grateful for a loving and supportive husband who really is willing to take over my role when needed. He is great with the kids and the housework, and letting me rest when I need it. I could NEVER do this without him, I would rather have 10 more children with him, than go without him. He is the Best Husband any wife could ever have!
The baby is due in Jan, a crazy time of year, as it will be the start of a new semester and Da will be extra busy this spring at work. My mom has already agreed to come out to stay for a bit when we have the baby, but we welcome any and all visitors as we will really need more help this time. With the older kids to get to and from school and extra activities, and Da will not be able to take anytime off of work! Obviously we would not of "planned a baby" for that time of year, but that is what we are getting, so we will do the best we can! Though it has been stressful trying to figure out all the details of the next year, and realizing we need a larger car, and trying to figure out how to fit this new little one into our home, we feel very blessed to know that Heavenly Father trusts us yet again with one of his special children.
We are still very busy and active. The girls along with McKenzie decided to have a lemonade stand. It was so cute to see them wave at all the cars passing by. I am pretty sure Jack was their biggest customer!
Cute little Sadie JayneThe boys enjoying the sprinkler under the tramp. Kev lives outside in the hose. We just got our water bill for last month, lets just say it was double what it usually is!!
Such a cutie, this little guy is in the adorable, yet terrible twos! He is talking pretty well, and is so cute with all his little words. Yet as most two year olds, pitches a big ole fit when he does not get his way. On the switch side, when the answer is yes, he usually starts dancing and jumping around and yelling " Yeah!" " Yeah!"
So, one day Kev told me he was poppy, but when I went to change him, nothing. So I asked him if he wanted to go on the potty. Low and behold, totally peed in the potty, and than about 15 minutes later wanted to go again, and than pooped on the potty! He was pretty proud of himself. He has yet to have any success since, but I will admit with my sickness, I am not very helpful or encouraging for him. Maybe once the older kids all start school, we will have more time to work on potty training. It would be nice to not have 2 kids in diapers, but hey, we will see what happens. I am certainly not going to stress my self out about it.
Last week we meet up with some friends and went to a splash pad. It was pretty fun.
Sadie with a friend, Greta.
So after living here for 4 years, I discovered there is a farmers market on Thursday nights pretty much just down the street. I took the kids the last time Da was out of town, and it was great. They had these big water slides set up, a live band, local restaurants to buy food, and of course local farmers selling their produce. It was really fun!
A few weeks ago we were headed to St.Louis for Payson's baptism and Sam's blessing and we decided to go to Nauvoo for a few days before hand. We have been before but its been several years, and the kids were much younger of course.
This is a picture of Carthage jail, where the Prophet Joseph was martyred.
The window outsideCute pic of my girls standing with a statue of Prophet Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum
This picture is of the door where the bullet went through the door.
Our only family pic of the trip
We than went into Nauvoo the next day, and that was great. We took a wagon ride. Kev loved the horses! Look at Maddie with Kev? I am so grateul for my girls, they are such a help to me. I know with having this next baby in some ways it will be easier, they will be great helpers! I can really count on them and trust them too. Defintly an advantage to a large family, have two girls first!
They have all these great activities for kids, Maddie helped make a rope
They have things to dress up like pioneers. The kids never wanted to leave that area.
Ummmm...so Da dressed the boys, think maybe they should of trades costumes?
That night we went to a show called "Sunset at the Mississippi". The kids were able to be part of a parade before hand if they wanted. Sadie was too shy, but Jack and Maddie were thrilled to be in a parade!
After Nauvoo, we went to Bud and Heaths house. It was so fun to see them and my Mom and Dad and Jared who flew out for the baptism and blessing as well. I was able to go and stay with Bud and Heath right after they had Sam and help out with Pay and Ash. I loved that! It was so fun to spend time with them, and that precious new baby. Although, pretty sure I jinxed myself, because when I left I said to them. " He is so precious guys, but I am glad its you and not me who won't be sleeping for the next year" Well, guess that will not be working out for me. :)
Anyways, he was 6 weeks when our whole family came out. Kev loved him! That's a good sign I think.
Uncle Jar will always be popular with the kids
Jack normally HATES getting his hair done, but when he saw that Uncle Jared gels up his hair, he was all about Jar fixing up his hair. Than of course Kevie wanted his done too.
I don't know why I don't have a single pic of the baptism or blessing. But I will tell you what a great experience it was to be there for Payson's baptism. It was our first nephew or niece we have been able to attend due to location. We have missed Kierstyn's, Reese's and Georgey's. I will say it was a spiritual experience to see my brother baptize his son. I was asked to give the opening prayer, and I was a mess!! Of course I am pregnant too, but the eternal aspect of our family was so evident. Da turned to me and said this has to be pretty awesome from a grandparent perspective. What greater gift than to see your child, who you raised to have a testimony, has been brought to this point, where he or she is baptizing your grandchild! Well it was pretty awesome from an Aunts perspective too. My mom gave a talk and said that Payson had just made the most important decision in his life. If he was not baptized, he would not go on a mission, or enter the temple and marry a sweet young lady someday. I felt so sad that we had missed previous baptisms, and I will say we made a resolve that we will try harder to not miss these special events. These little children out part of our eternal family, and it is the most important decision, and we will try very hard to be there. Da also expressed how awesome it was to be in the circle for his confirmation with all great men who are part of his eternal family. It was a great experience, and I am grateful for Payson's example to my younger children. After the first talk they excused him and his dad for the baptism, and Payson ran fast out of the room with a big smile and turned back and gave everyone in the room a thumbs up! It was a precious sight.
Summer is flying by and the kids and Da and I are enjoying sleeping in, and spending time as a family. School will be here before we know it! The girls are growing up so fast, they are such a joy to see grow into these sweet little ladies. Maddie is going to the oral surgeon next week for a few extractions, and than will be getting braces! Sadie's grown up teeth are starting to come in and she will be right behind Maddie. Both girls are enjoying a small break from their music lessons for the summer.
Last night this is what happened
Jack: When I grow up, I'm going to be as big as Jared, and he is bigger than you right Dad?
Da: No, I am bigger than him
Jack: Well than I will be big like Papa or someone else who is bigger than you Dad
Da: Well I don' t think anyone is taller than me in our family
Jack: Well that's not fair Dad, I want to be bigger than you!
Da: Well you have to eat all your fruits and veggies, and pray really hard, that's what I did
Jack: Well, you know I don't really like my veggies.
Later that night about to say his prayers, he tells me he is going to pray really hard to be bigger than Dad, but he doesn't hear Heavenly Father so he doesn't think its going to work. I explain that even though we can't hear Him, He hears us. So Jack says his prayers, finishes, looks down at himself and starts bawling. " See Heavenly Father did not hear my prayers, I'm still small!!!" It was so sad, yet so hysterical at the same time. That kid is such a crack up!
OK, I think that's enough for now....wow this is a long post!!! Maybe I should try to keep up better so I don't have to spend 2 days working on my next one!







5 comments:
Not too long a post - just right - Jack is a guy who wants things right now - good luck teaching him patience - loved the pioneer look on everyone
Cute post! I love catching up with your sweet family, even if it IS silly to have to do it through blog posts! I feel like we haven't talked in forever, with both of us being gone this summer... Miss you!And such a sweet "surprise" couldn't have happened to better parents - that's one lucky baby!
I love reading your blog. Way to always be on top of it! Loved all the pics and stories - miss you guys tons!!
All your kids have such big happy smiles. I can tell there is so much love in your family. I couldn't agree more about the adorable part, it is so fun to see the joy of being a parent through your experiences. Thank you for sharing about the baptism, I am so glad you could be there. Love you all and Congrats on lucky #5
We were so stinking glad you came!!!! Super excited for #5!!!!!
Post a Comment