Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer wrap up

I apologize in advance for this post, only because I have not taken many pictures lately.   We have been busy though and much to tell.   Below is a picture of Maddie at the oral surgeons office.   We have a friend who removed 5 of her baby teeth for her.   Damon took her to the appt., he said it was hysterical.   They gave her this drink that was suppose to make her a bit loopy.  Apparently it worked well!  After the surgery, Da carried her out to the truck where she wrote him a note and asked what just happened?  He told her that she had her teeth out, her response was, How did you do that?  Obviously she remembers nothing. I really wish I could of been there because I guess she was laughing in hysterics, trying to touch her fingers together and was unable to do it.   I think that Da enjoyed himself.

 This picture is actually a sad story.  Da had been out of town for a week at a training conference.  His flight was going to land around 11:00 in the morning and the kids were so excited.  Well he kept calling me and saying that his plane was delayed, so we just stayed at home waiting to find out what time he would actually be there.   Well  I was busy, I knew the kids were cooking something in the kitchen.  Da called me and said that his flight had been cancelled!  He had rented a car and was going to drive home.   He was going to arrive around midnight. I felt so bad for him, getting up early, sitting in a airport all day, and than having to drive all the way home for many hours.  Just after getting off the phone, the kids come and get me all excited.  They had the table set with all kinds of food, and they announced it was for a party for Daddy coming home.  It was so sad to tell them that actually we would have to have the party without Daddy, they would not really see him until the next day, as they would be sound asleep when he got home.   Well you can imagine their disappointment. 
 This little batman had a birthday last month and now is 2!!!  Unreal.   When we ask him how old he is, he holds up 5 fingers and says two.  Than we ask him if he's a big boy or a baby.  He always says,  I baby.   Its so cute!  He had a great little day.   He was so excited for all his presents!  It did not take him long to figure out that inside the paper was fun toys just for him.   When he opened this present from my parents, he seriously jumped and yelled MAN!!!  Which is what he calls batman, spider man, superman......etc.  He was so stinkin cute. 
 Hard to believe that this little guy is 2.  He is such a joy, talking so much and is all around very entertaining.   He brings us so much happiness.  
 Now this little lady had a birthday a few weeks later and she is 7!!!  For her birthday, she wanted a new bike.  Not just any bike, she wanted an "old style" bike.   We thought it would be best if we just took her shopping and let her pick it out.  I mean, we didn't want to buy the wrong thing! She is now flying around the neighborhood cruising in style with her old style bike.She is so sweet, the same sweetness we have always known with our Sadie Jayne.  She is still a bit of a free spirit, which we appreciate.  She is starting to get a bit more moody, girl moody that is.   However, she is still miles behind Madelynn. We love you Sadie! We love that you are in our family.  
     Sa was also lucky enough to have Grandma Sue here for her birthday!!! Sadly, no pictures of that event, as I said, I kind of suck taking pictures these days.  Anyways, the kids really enjoyed spending time with Grandma!
 School started last week, and I almost did a happy dance.  I mean I love these kiddos, but having 4 home all day, being pregnant and sick, I was really ready for a break.  Plus, they were ready to get back too.  Maddie is in 3rd grade this year. She has Mrs. Jenkins and so far is loving it.   Definitely more homework this year than in past grades, but of course I hardly notice as she does most of it on the bus, on her 5 minute bus ride!  Always been a good little student this girl.   She is growing up.  She started private lessons for violin this past week. She is still planning on taking strings at the school, plus she started up with piano again.   She also enjoys going to activity day girls at the church, and is looking forward to starting girl scouts again.  She is a busy girl for only being 8! 
 Sadie is in 2nd grade this year and has Mrs. Kling.  So far she claims Mrs. Kling is her fav. teacher ever!  She does seem to be sweet.   Sadie is doing great so far!  She is busy with Violin again with her private lessons, and is planning on joining strings this year as she is old enough now.   She also started taking piano this year for the first time.  So far she is really enjoying it!  I am so glad that they both need to practice both instruments this year, makes it easier to get them to practice.
 Two cute sisters
 Maddie and Kev.  
Well looks like I don't have a picture of Jack on here, but he has some things to report as well.   He will start preschool next week at the same school that Sadie went to.   He has Mrs. Shanna and he is so excited!!!!  He is ready to go and be a big boy like his sisters.  Plus he really needs some structure outside of the house.  He does enjoy playing with Kevie, but he needs to spend some time being in a class.  Learning to listen to a teacher, having friends and such.   I will take a picture of him on the first day of school. 
Jack is still a crack up.   The other day ago, he had a friend over.   I had taken them swimming, and I sent the boys in to the bedroom to change their clothes.   Several minutes later, Jack, who is naked by the way, comes up to me very mad.   He asks  "Why did you cut that off my peepers?(word we use for his private parts)  I at first was speechless, wondering what the heck he was talking about.   It dawned on me that of course Lars was not circumcised, and Jack was, and Lars must of explained it to him in some way.   Before I could answer, he says  " Why did you cut that off my peepers?? When I was a baby??!!"  " I wanted to keep that!"  I explained that some boys have it cut off, and some boys keep it on, but that both ways were ok.   He was not happy with that answer.   "Well I wanted to keep mine, because now Lars and I don't have matching  peepers!!!"  And than he stomped off.   I could not contain my laughter!  I was so taken back, this was not a conversation I ever anticipated having with him. 
On another note, last sunday getting ready for church was rough, as they often are around here trying to get all four kids ready and out the door on my own.  Da has early church meetings.   The girls were being especially difficult, we had several disagreements.   We finally get in the van to go, and I over hear the girls arguing over a pair of shoes.  They had one pair of shoes in the van, both girls wanted to wear them.   I was mad, yelled at them to work this out immediately and get another pair of shoes!  They both stomp into the house completely in a mood, and I mutter under my breath " what a great morning"  Jack says  " mom, I have been feeling the spirit today because I have been a really good boy"  It was so cute, and I am sure true, as he had been a good boy that morning. 

Well that pretty much sums things up.  Da has started going back into work, getting ready for his classes.  Sometimes I almost forget how blessed I am to have a husband home all summer, because when he goes back I don't really like it!!  All is going well with the pregnancy, I am 18 weeks today, and we will find out what we are having on Sept. 5th. Of course the girls really want a sister, and the boys(including Da) really want a boy!  I started feeling the baby move a few weeks ago and Da got to feel it move for the first time a couple of days ago.  I am feeling so much better, its so nice to be past the sickness.   We are looking forward to meeting this little person!

No comments: