Wednesday, May 22, 2013

December 2012

 
This first pictures explains well as to the lack of posts on this blog! Everyone knows that a girl that looks like this is.... yes about to have a baby.  Obviously our life is a bit hectic with our new addition, but nevertheless, I am determined to make this blog a success.  So, here I am just about ready to have Carter.  I can not express how difficult this pregnancy was for me.  Looking back on the last month is still a pretty horrible memory. However, we are soooooo blessed and happy to have our precious boy, so yes, it was worth it.
 

This is our cute little Jack man at his Thanksgiving program, which was of course, Darling!
We decorated the house right after Thanksgiving, which is traditional for us.  The kids loved it as they always do.  It was fun to see Kev's excitement, being 2 is the funnest age!




These three wanted to sleep together on Christmas Eve.
Christmas morning. The kids loved all their gifts, and we loved spending the day together as a family.



Meet monkey George


 
The week before Christmas we went to Gattlinburg to have a family reunion.  On the first day of the trip, Jack got sick.  After a trip to a clinic, it was found he had influenza A.  Within a few short days, our entire family had it.  Thankfully, the rest of the extended family was spared.  However, it made for a pretty rough holiday for Da and I and the kids.  The kids bounced back pretty quick, but Da and I were sick for almost 4 weeks.  It was so horrible!  On Christmas, Da and I could really hard get out of bed! But we made it the best we could for the kids, and I don't think they noticed too much.   Unless you have had influenza, I just don't think you can comprehend how much that knocks you down.  The worst part for me was that I was hugely pregnant. The combination of all the crazy coughing, and my rib cage already stretched to the max, I pulled a muscle in my rib cage.  The pain was so intense I nearly had Da take me the ER a couple of times.  It really was a very trying time, one I am grateful that is past and behind us.  Hence the first paragraph of this post makes sense as to why my last month was so difficult. 
 
Before we were all sick though, the girls got to go to the daddy daughter dance again.  Too sweet. These little ladies love their daddy. 


 The kids were pretty creative on entertaining them selves over the Christmas break. As Da and I were so sick, we didn't go and do anything!  But here they are all dressed up as Star Wars characters.
Sorry, these pics are not in date order obviously.  Jack at his Christmas program for school.
 Our cute little angel.  I just love this little boy!!

Following are the pictures of our trip to Gattlinburg.  So I already mentioned that we had influenza A, but the rest of the family got the stomach virus. YUP!  They were all throwing up the entire time!  So it wasn't the funnest reunion, but we still enjoyed seeing each other, and taking care of each others kids while parents all took turns being sick!
 Alex
 Lucas
 Decorating gingerbread houses( this happened before all the puking began)
 Tay
 Cris



 Liz
 Darren
 Tom
 Grandma making jewelry with the girls
 Lucas

 Ezra
 On the very last day, some of us were feeling better, so we actually went ice skating.  I know Da and I were still feeling just terrible, but we wanted the kids to at least have had one fun thing, so we sucked it up and went.  They loved it!





 Are these the cutest little feet in ice skates or what?


Finally by new years we were feeling a lot better.  We meet some friends at a park, had pizza and played soccer.  I love living in the south!




 And Kev is wiped out!
Ok, well its a start, hopefully I find some more time to catch up soon!

No comments: