Sunday, June 9, 2013

Carter Bug

Those of you who know our family well, know we are all about the nicknames.  We never pre- plan these things, they just sort of happen.  As the title is self explanatory, Carter's nickname is Carter Bug. It suits him, as most nicknames do. 
The next few pics are just going to be a highlight of the last few months with this little guy. I wish we had been better about taking pictures, but what can we say? He is the fifth kid!  I never thought I would be one of "those kinds of parents". But turns out, I am.  Five kids is pretty hectic and busy.  Da and I often look at each other and say "Did you know we have 5 kids?" 
 
 
 
 


 First bath. He is a fan.




 For the first maybe 3 months, this little guy would only sleep in his car seat.  You got to do what you got to do to get some sleep.  This worked, so we did it.  People ask me all the time " How are you sleeping?"  I respond by saying " I am usually up twice a night to feed him"  They always say "Oh, that's not too bad"  And than I think, Really????? Maybe you should be almost 36, have 5 kids to care for, and be nice to I might add, and wake up at least 2 times a night for the last 5 months.  I'm not really complaining, I just find the comment funny.  If you really stop to think about it, surely you would realize I am totally sleep deprived!



 Over all he is a happy little guy.  He can roll over both ways now.  Just starting to show some good signs of being able to sit up too.  He has a great little smile, and its pretty easy to get a giggle out of him.  I often call him my bi-polar baby.   He is perfectly happy, and the next second he can be MAD!  He has a pretty good set of lungs and can be LOUD!  When he is tired, you need to get this guy into bed.  He is also the type that does not embrace sleep easily. I can hardly ever get him to fall asleep in my arms.  Da is a bit more successful with that than myself. I usually nurse him to sleep.  But than I have to lay him right down in a dark room with lots of white noise, or his sleep will not last but 30 seconds!  Yup, he's a bit high maintenance for baby number 5.  But we sure love him!  I can not imagine our little ( I guess large) family with out his presence.

 He loves his siblings, and they love him.  The girls are such a big help to me, I love them for all they do to take care of their little brothers.  Sadie is especially tender and kind hearted to Carter. She can not hear him crying with out going to him. 
 His little heart is doing well.  We are still seeing our cardiologist, and always will I am sure.  We are so grateful for modern medicine.  What a blessing it is to live in today's world, where so many things can be treated with medicine.

 He is a joy!  He is growing so quickly! I can hardly believe 5 months has passed.  Seems only yesterday he was born.  Much love to you Carter Bug!

1 comment:

Grandma Sue said...

He does have a great smile