Sunday, July 28, 2013

Enjoying Summer

We have been having a wonderful summer!  The weather has been awesome.  Its always been so hot here in past summers, but this summer has been amazing.  Still plenty warm enough to swim, and all those kinds of things.  But also cool enough to sit outside and play.  We did not take a big vacation or go back to Cda like we typically do.  Damon taught 4 summer classes this summer, which has kept us from really doing a lot of traveling. We have done a few little trips around here, and have done lots of fun things as a family.  With school starting in less than 2 weeks, I would say its been a success!
We have enjoyed watching our little Carter bug grow up!  He is a joy, so cute and sweet.  Most of these pics are self expanatory.
This one however is not!  The kids love to put on shows for us.  Jack is dressed up here in some crazy get up!  It was hysterical!


 This is our backyard " cleaned up" I love it!!!

 This is my wonderful and sweet friend Nichole Sorenson!  I'm not sure what I would do without this pretty lady in my life!  She came over and helped me completly re-vamp the front yard.  She trimmed back all my bushes and trees! Damon dug out the bushes in front of the garage, and we planted double knock out rose bushes.  I love it!
 This is some of the young men in our ward.  Middle guy is Andy Brimhall, he just left on a mission to South Africa. We went to the airport (as is traditional in our ward) to see him off.
Jacob Holmes, Logan McNamara, Michael Steadman, Andy Brimhall, Brandon Steadman, Blake Bradburm, Aaron Clements.  We love our youth!
 We took a day trip to Natchez MS.  It was a great fun day.  There are many old plantation homes there you can tour.  I love the rich history that we get to learn about here in the south. Its so wonderful for our children.


 Our sweet baby boy

 One day I showed up at the church to put my Vt report in, and this was all over Da's office door. I thought I would capture the memory for him.  This was done by the seminary kids. 



 The high school put on the play " Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"   We meet up with some friends, The Ritters there.  Kids wanted a picture with Willie Wonka.
 At the end of the school year, Maddie had a field trip to see the Mississippi Braves play a game of baseball. 

 A trip to the Temple.

 The boys off to the Father Son camp out. Their first one!!
 Jack fixing up his hair. Its adorable.

 This is when he was just lifting his head up really well. He is now a crazy boy who can sit, and will probably be crawling in another month.

 Maddie recieving her girl scout awards.

 Kids with some friends at the Natural Science Musuem.






 Roller skating

 Kev was tired, so he laid himself down for a nap!
 Making our own homemade ice cream.




 Love this baby boy!  He is such a beautiful baby!



 Kevie asleep on the floor in the middle of the day!  Poor baby, he was not feeling top notch, and I was nursing the baby.  When I went to go and find him, he was asleep on his bedroom floor.
 One of my favorite games, lets bury each other in the clean laundry pile.



 Sleep over on the trampoline!

1 comment:

Grandma Sue said...

summers are the best