Monday, April 7, 2008

Catching up

I am trying to catch up. We have been busy this past week. I finally went back to exercising and it has made such a difference to just get out. Last week we had a really beautiful day and we played outside all afternoon. The kids rode their bikes and had a really great time. This weekend was also general conference, which I really enjoyed. In primary they gave the kids a conference activity page and when I told Maddie it was conference day, she ran and got her paper and was so excited. It was nice to see. On Saturday night the guys went to priesthood and I had some friends over to make cinnamon rolls. Thanks to Heath, my sis in law, it is a great tradition. My family enjoyed them on Sunday morning. On Sunday night we had dinner with our friends the Hardy's and with Mandy and George, we had a good time and good food. Sadly for George, he had to leave due to illness, the pukes. Hopefully he has a quick recovery and our family avoids it. I think I jinxed us because last night I was talking to April and she was telling me how sick her fam has been lately and I said, we have hardly been sick this year! But the most exciting thing happened today, Jack smiled at us! I was even able to catch a few on camera. !!! Is he not adorable? Maddie playing outside last Thursday
Grayam on the swing, how cute is this?
I thought this was a cute picture. I love little feet.
Da is giving Jack his first bottle of formula. He took it pretty well.
Another cute smiling picture.
Okay, the next two pictures are of my four year old the teenager!!! Latley when Hailey calls her, she goes into her room and shuts the door! Can you believe that? I snuck in on her and here she was on her bed, even with her legs crossed!



Maddie and Georgey having fun together!
I pushed Sadie on the swing for such a long time, she was loving it!



9 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

Great pictures. Way to go capturing Jack smiling. He's a doll! We should plan a time for me to "pratice" with him. Let me know!

Justin Porter said...

I'm cracking up at Maddy talking on the phone in her room. I thought raising a girl would not be hard until the teenage years, boy was I wrong.
Miss you guys, tell the kids I said hi.

Porter Family said...

Holy cow, Maddie kills me. I guess you now know that if you ever get her a cell phone it better be on a plan with unlimited minutes to Hay. Glad the cinnamon roll tradition continues! I love being a trend setter. :) I put apples in mine this year. Really yummy. I can't believe how fast Jack is growing up. What a handsome guy!

chuck and april said...

ok, the pics of jack are adorable. such a cute little guy. and maddie...i don't know what you are going to do with her? she's so funny. she was looking so grown up on the phone with her legs crossed. i'm sure hay was was doing the samething on the other end.

Grandma Sue said...

Jack smiling-how cute is that. Maddie going to her room to talk - look out when she is 16. Love the pictures

Mandy said...

We had to laugh and smile at all of the pictures - too cute! All the kids are growing up so fast. Hopefully you guys don't get the pukes!!!! Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Jack is so cute! We need to start adding pictures to our posts!

Liz said...

That picture of Jack in the red shirt is so Porter like. I think he looks like Luke there. Poor Da, he must have wussy genes.

Anonymous said...

well I hope I will get to see you guys before you all leave wow your son looks soooooooooooooooooooooooo much like you and he is so big, your hole family thay are all so beautyful, it has been a honor and a pleasure meeting and knowing you all i will miss you very much my heart is full of beautyful people and every time I meat them seems like thay have to go. and I would like to send you pictures of my grand son lets stay in touch ok and may God always keep you and your family in his arms always happy and healthy forever God Bless