Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hmmmmm.... what do you have to say for yourself Liz???

So, the other day I am driving by Palouse treasures, a local thrift store, when I see Liz's bridesmaids dress from my wedding hanging on display in the window! Imagine my shock! At least Palouse treasures can see how special it is!

10 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

Haha!! That's hilarious!! I laughed out loud at that one!

Grandma Sue said...

This is the funniest thing ever - a good belly laugh - guess you have to make hard choices when you have limited storage space

Mandy said...

So funny! I'd like to point out to others that Da called me first to ask if it was MY bridesmaide's dress. Of course I would never give it away, I wear it constantly in remembrance of that blessed occasion. Poor Liz though, who would have thought they would hang it in the window?

Justin Porter said...

I'm gonna back Liz on this one and say she did the right thing. I mean when is she ever going to wear that thing again? My wife has been a bride's maid a number of times and all of the dresses sit in our closet never to be worn again.
Best case scenario is that somebody buys this dress and uses it as a halloween costume or cuts it shorter and gives it to ther 4 year old daugter to play dress up. At least then it would be getting used.

Lou and Jamie said...

I'm with Bud... but it is pretty funny that you found it.

Liz said...

OK OK so I got a little over zealous with the closet cleaning when we moved. In all honesty I have not worn it once since Nik's wedding (sorry Nik and Sue who sewed it). Its a bit fancy for me and it is way too big. Don't worry I still love you Nik.

chuck and april said...

i love it girls!!! it cracks me up!!! love it love it love it!!

shurnuandbeagsly said...

I'm silently laughing out loud here (it is 1:30 am after all?)
I can't believe it. That just proves what a small town PUllman is, but we all loved it so much!
Yeah, I'm kind of going with Liz on this one...have you all seen "27 Dresses"? Not the most clever movie, but this post really made me laugh when I thought of that. Can't say I kept any of my bridesmaids dresses either!

Janelle said...

Nik,
You should have posted that AFTER Cristy's wedding! Way to traumatize the bride to be. I hope you bought the dress and wrapped it up for a gift for Liz. You are too funny!

My name is Erin. said...

Hi, Nikki! Hi, Damon! This is Erin (Cannon) Johnson. I happened to stumble across your blog, surprise, surprise! This one in particular CRACKS ME UP! Makes me wonder what my bridesmaid did with her dress from my wedding! LOL! Your children are beautiful & the two of you look wonderful, too! Hope you'll get a chance to check out my blog from time to time. Take care!!!