Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mississippi

Well, we are here, and I know that I have not been keeping up on my blog at all! I apologize. It has been a crazy summer, we had so much fun with our family. I will try to post a summer post at some point, because I do have some cute pictures.
So far we are really loving it here! Of course it is very hot, but that is ok,we expected that. Our complex has a pool though and the girls are swimming everyday! Thank goodness for all the swim lessons in Pullman! Everyone is so nice here! I can not believe how helpful and friendly the people are here. It occured to me today that perhaps people think we are rude, only because everyone is so nice! We went to church on sunday and we absolutely LOVE our ward! We did not pass one person in the hall who did not come up to us and introduce themselves and want to know us. We met a family that has two girls exactly our girls age and they invited us to dinner for thursday night already. The amazing thing is that they are from Spokane! Small world. Tommorrow Sue and I are going to go the playgroup that they hold weekly in our ward. While we were sitting in church I once again knew that we are supposed to be here.
We also went to the college yesterday and Da got his keys for his new office. We met some of the faculty and again, such nice people. We are having dinner with some professors tommorrow night. They know of a good place to have catfish. It's exciting to try some southern food!
Well, I will post some pictures soon, things are obviously still crazy here, with trying to unpack and get settled. Everyone check back soon, Mississippi is beautful!

6 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

I'm so glad you guys made it safe and sound, and are loving it! How great to know that's where you are suppose to be! It's so comforting to have people already making you feel welcomed, makes the transition so much easier. Can't wait to see pictures of it all. We sure have missed you around here, and the boys regularly talk about the girls. Malcolm was afraid he wasn't going to have any friends when the girls left. Sorry we couldn't meet up one last time, I feel terrible!

Miller family said...

Glad to see that everything is going well for your family. Aidyn sure misses Maddie!
Kristin

Mandy said...

yay for an update! Can't wait for pictures! We miss you!

Janelle said...

Hey guys,
We are excited for you and anxious to come and see Mississippi for ourselves. Glad you got a "warm" welcome all the way around. Talk to you soon.
Love,
Janelle and all the Campbell house

Heather said...

So good to know that you are all still healthy and alive. Can't wait to see some wonderful pictures!

Lou and Jamie said...

I am happy that you guys made it safe and sound. One of the great things about the church is that you always have friends regardless of where you go. Just don't forget how great everyone else is that you left:) Make sure you let me know your travel plans so I can meet up with you guys when you visit family.