The other day ago, I was washing Sadie's hair in the bathtub and she was of course screaming.(because she always does for washing her hair) I suddenly thought to tell her that I just saw a spider and she better close her mouth or it might just crawl right in. She immediatly stopped screaming and crying and totally believed me! I went on to say that spiders really like noise and they like mouths, so you should always be careful. The best part of this little" lie" is that it has CURED my kids from screaming and crying and fit throwing! If they even start to scream or cry, I gently remind them about the spiders and they instantly STOP!!!! Or course I could be starting a spider phobia, but for now I am thinking maybe it might be worth it.
16 comments:
That is really funny. I wouldn't have thought up something so cleaver like that on my own...so maybe you are a genuis.
I think it isn't a problem because girls are always scared of spiders. if you are ok with always having to go kill the spider for them then keep it up.
I don't know if this is a good or bad idea, but it is really really funny. I totally laughed big out loud.
Laugh out loud funny!!! I believe the parent code says if it works it is ok. But you have to be prepared to be yelled at when the girls are in the second or third grade when they figure out your little tale. Don't worry that too will be a funny moment. I still laugh at mine!!
This is hilarious. Although, might be a little mean too!! Haha. They will love to tell this story when they are older. Way to go Nik! Traumatizing your children all for a good cause!! Haha
Nik I am totally going to try it. Jamie is already has the phobia so I figure why not. Thank you helping me out with this one:)
I just hope Da is going to make enough money to pay for their therapy when they are older... :)
This is hilarious! Good, bad I don't know... but quite honestly, what I do know is this: the desperation just takes over and you do whatever it takes, even if in the long run there may be some repercussions to deal with (of course you're not thinking of those repercusions initially). We can't all be perfect and I think that in moments like that, well I just think some how some way, where ever the short fall, it's made up by someone bigger, better and very merciful...that's what I count on anyway! What else can you do, really! Anyway, those are my thoughts on the whole thing. I think it's classic! Thanks for sharing!!!
I have to weigh in with the Pros. I think it's a great idea. I wish I would've thought of it - years ago. (It would've been so helpful! sigh...)
Like you want them to bring a spider home for a pet anyway!
I can't imagine a mother who pulls that kind of dishonest behavior will have a place in Heaven. I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, just saying... have fun in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. I hope its worth not hearing that screaming:)
I vote for genuis!!!
ummm...i've been saying that for years!! it totaly works!! and yes, kurtis does hate spiders with a vengence. connection? i have no idea, nor do i care.i use what works man!!
That is the funniest thing! Genius. I'm a little scared to try it though, my kids are such weirdos I could see it backfiring somehow.
Haha! I love it!
That is pure genious! I say do whatever works...we're all in survival mode here, aren;t we?
BTW (that stands for by the way) I'm blogging again...check it out!
Grandma and papa say hmm.. think of the mean monkey in the dryer well cass never went to the potty for a very long time after that, but do what you will we fully support you genuis!!! its so nice to know you use some of those fine parenting skills we taught you.
Post a Comment