Madelynn's last day of school was about a week ago. She had such a great year in kindergarten. We are so proud of her and with how much she has learned and grown. She is a
rockin little reader, her reading score doubled in the last 9 weeks of school,and she is always impressing us by what she knows. Her report card was perfection and her teacher's comment was that Maddie is a teacher's dream come true. She made lots of friends, and sadly for us, many boys in her class claim she is his girlfriend. This especially disturbs
Da. A couple of weeks ago she came home and said that Josh(classmate) had asked her to marry him!!!!!!! A said " what did you say?" She said " I said NO!" What a relief! :) I asked her why she thought all the boys wanted to be her boyfriend and she said "
probably they think I wear cute clothes I guess" :) Well what can we say, she is just too cute. :) And we love her!

Getting off the bus, and walking up our driveway on the last day of school.

For Mother's day,
Da made me this beautiful picnic table! I love HIM!!!! He did a fabulous job, now we can eat outdoors year round. And with the umbrella we get plenty of shade.

Kids enjoying a
Popsicle
Earlier this week, we took the kids to the hospital for a sibling class they offer. It was so cute. And it was free! Even better. They had the kids bring a doll from home and taught them how to put on a diaper and how to feed a baby a bottle. They also dressed them up like little doctors, and took them upstairs for a tour of where mom will have the baby. They even stopped by the nursery and let them look in the windows at a couple of newborns. It was so adorable.
This is the kids on the tour. Sadie is in the center, and
Madelynn is to the far right.

Notice how Jack is holding his doll in this picture?

Getting all dressed up for the tour
Madelynn feeding her baby

Working on diapering

It was a fun class. At the end each kid received a certificate, a t-shirt, and a color book. What a deal!
We are having a great summer so far. Da is teaching a night class on Thursday nights and pretty much free the rest of the week, we are spending so much time as a family. I feel like we are on a vacation. I LOVE having him home with me all day. We have a lot of house projects planned for the next few months, so that should keep us busy, plus we have lots of things we want to do as a family. Of course the biggest event of the summer will be welcoming our sweet little boy! We are all getting so excited to meet this little guy and see his adorable little face. My mom will be coming out and we are so thrilled to have her stay with us. It will be so nice for my older ones to have grandma with them. The pregnancy is going well, I am feeling pretty good, tired, but OK. I am having appts. every two weeks now, and so far I am measuring right on. (Shocker I know when you look at me)
Keep checking back for more exciting news from us Campbells!
6 comments:
Da made that table? Came in a kit or just stain it? That class is a smart thing - hope Jack learned to hold baby up right. I still have one more week of school so I'm seeing a little green.
Holy cow, the table is awesome! Nice work Da! I love the pics of the kids at the baby class, Jack cracks me up:)
Da you didn't give yourself enough credit with the table - great job!!!
It looks like Jack is holding the stereotype strong for why men should not be primary caretakers. Just the other day I tried the same trick with limited success ;)
We are so excited for the baby. Looks like your tribe is getting all ready for the new addition. Your yard looks like a great place to BBQ and play...how fun. Take care. Love you all.
Love the table! Great job, Da!
Post a Comment