Living in the south, the attention I have received is about 3 times what I had back home. I can not go anywhere without literally every person that I see commenting on my belly. The most common phrase that I hear is " OH, bless your heart!" Just look at you they say. Oh my goodness, that baby is due any day. Are you getting enough to drink? Can I help you with that? You are never going to make it to the end. I always say I have weeks to go, I have big babies, I have never gone early before. That brings out more shock and disbelief! It really is quite funny and entertaining for me to go anywhere.
So, Liz wanted me to post some pictures of myself so she can see if I was as big as I was with Jack. I have just about 5 1/2 weeks to go in these pictures. What do you think? Bigger than usual? Hard to say. Its been a rough last month. I have been having some gestational diabetes issues, I am borderline. I am testing negative, yet have had elevated sugar in my blood. They have me on a no sugar diet, and for the last two weeks I have felt a lot better. Today when I went in, my blood was good. I am grateful, Doc said if it was not improved this appointment, I would have to be on a diabetic diet, which is very strict.
I have an appt in 2 weeks, and than after that I go weekly. Next time I will have an ultrasound to make sure baby is head down. He also said there is no way he is going to let me go to the end. Which is a bit of an issue with my mom coming out and her schedule. After explaining my situation he has agreed to induce me about 12 days early, my mom will be able to come and still make it back home to fulfill her commitments. We don't have an exact induce date, but he said he wants one confirmed up for next appt. In his words, "Go call your momma and see when she can be here" ( I love the south) So, looks like this will be our early one!! The previous three were right to the end. I must admit, I am a bit relieved. Its not fun those last 2 weeks.
I am so excited to hold my sweet little baby Kevin Porter in just a few short weeks......




2 comments:
Wohoo! Count Down is on! I'm glad you have a good doctor that is willing to work with you so that your mom can be there to help! And we've said it before, but once again, if anything comes up we're totally willing to help. I remember right before we had Hallie I was talking about something I worried would go wrong after we had her, and Da said "oh, don't worry, if that happened we'd come help"- Looking back I know it would have been a logistical nightmare, but I remember being able to relax a little after he said that. Soo, relax if you can, you're going to be taken care of one way or another:) I'm sooo excited for you guys!!! Love Ya!
I think you look beautiful! But yes, you look like you're due any minute- I always got that when I was pregnant too. I'm really glad they're letting you go early!
Post a Comment