I would like to preface this post by saying I love my husband more than anything, and he is the perfect example to me.......On Friday morning, Da left for work around 9 am and I sat down to nurse the baby. Jack and I had a play date that morning that we were looking forward to. Around 9:15 Da calls to tell me that he had a blowout on the freeway. I of course first asked him if he was OK, and he was. He needed me to bring him some tools to put on the spare tire, the tool that was in the corolla apparently did not fit the bolts to take the tire off. I of course said I would be right there, I figured we could go by on the way to my friend's house. Now, when I talked to Da on the phone, he said 2 days ago he was prompted to go and buy new tires for the corolla, which he did not follow up on. ( I still love him and don't blame him at all)
I arrive, and he is pulled over right at the bottom of the off ramp on the next exit following the one we take to get to our house. I drop off the tools, he tells me to go, so I leave. I get about 5 minutes down the road and he calls to say that he does not have the right tool, I need to come back and take him to lowe's to buy the tool. SO, I go back, he walks up to the top of the ramp(so I don't have to go clear up to the next exit). We go buy the tool, and we drive all the way to the next exit, get off, turn right around and head to the exit where he is parked. This time I wait for him, he gets back in and says that the bolts are too tight, he needs to buy something for more leverage, so its back to home depot this time. He goes in and comes out with this long old pole, and we head back to the corolla. Taking the long drive again. He hops out, I wait and he gets back in the van a few minutes later to announce that his socket wrench busted trying to take off the bolts. SO, its back to home depot to buy another socket wrench. The long drive back, and he hops out, gets back in the van to announce that this new socket wrench busted too!!!!! We have now spent 50 bucks in tools!!!!
We decide that the best thing to do now, is just have the car towed to our tire shop. Price: 75$ We wait for the tow truck for nearly 2 hours!Da had many appointments with students that day, most of which he missed. The boys, are incredibly sick of the car, the tow truck comes at 1pm. The boys have been in the car for almost 4 hours! While we were waiting, Jack ends up watching you tube on our phones, and Da proceeds to tell me that the suspension in the corolla is shot. It will cost 2,000$ to fix it. He is afraid that the tire place will not let him leave with the car for legal reasons. (by the way, I knew the suspension was bad, I did not know it was possibly illegal and very unsafe) Now we are faced with the possibility that we may have to buy a new car! You can not imagine how much we talked about the fact that he should of heeded the spirit.
When we were waiting for the tow truck, Da said he felt prompted to be straight up with the guys at the tire shop about the suspension problem. Even though we risked the possibility in having to buy a new car. We didn't want to ignore the spirit again. The good news...... the corolla still lives! Apparently the suspension just seemed to be bad because the tires were so bad! The one thing that went right that day. That was a relief.
I wanted to record this day, because I want our family to always remember to heed the promptings of the spirit. If Da had, we would of saved the money that we spent on the tools, and the tow truck. But more importantly, we would of saved the loss of time and inconvience. Heavenly Father cares about all things in our life, the big and the small.
4 comments:
Great story - can I use this for my next lesson?
Haha, ya that sucks. After I got off the phone with you I remembered that when Grant blew out his tire once, and couldn't get the old wheel off, Les Schwab came out and took the wheel off then put the spare on for free, you just have to buy your replacment from them. I didn't call back though (Grant says we have a new family rule that I'm only allowed to talk to you once a week because I went over our minutes- big time), because I figured everything that could go wrong already had for you guys... apparently I was wrong. Next time if you have a Les Schwabb they'll tow/put on your spare for free. Maybe I should have listened to the prompting to tell you guys that:(
It is the worst when you are given a prompting and you don't listen. It is amazing the guilt that you get after. I had a similar thing happen. I was mowing the lawn and thought about some of the plants that need watering. I turned on the water and as I did I was prompted not to, that I would forget to turn it off. But of course I didn't listen and went back to mowing. And next day I realized I didn't turn it off. Basement flooded! It took me three days of cleaning to get that one taken care. It all could have been stopped if I just listened.
Sometimes it's hard to know if it's a prompting, or if just a random thought, but usually it's a prompting. So sad, and so frustrating for you guys. Glad it all turned out okay.
Miss you guys! The only thing I was excited about Florida for, was being close to you. Even though you still would have been a ways away, you would have been the closet people we would have known. Matt and I had talked about coming your way on the move down and staying with you. For that part, I'm sad it didn't happen! Great seeing you guys are doing so well!
Post a Comment