Sitting with her troop.
The next two pictures are a balance game that they played. Walking on a tight rope, and swinging from tire swing to tire swing with out touching the ground. Challenging but fun.
This is a picture of Maddie and I on the girl scout float. Yes! We were in a parade. It was fun, it made us feel like celebrities.
SO, Jack had his tonsils out about 10 days before we went to Grant and Liz's. We did the surgery for a few reasons. The main reason was he had so much fluid in his ears that could not drain, it was really affecting his hearing. And with that, his speech. He also had not slept through the night in months, and was always getting in our bed. I am not going to lie, the first 9 days were awful! He cried almost always and he was so fussy! But, it was so worth it!!!!!! He is a very different kid now. He sleeps all night in his own bed! He is so happy probably because he is not overtired. But already his speech has improved, so he can hear!!! When we were at Grant and Liz's, Jack started sleeping all night there. One morning, Liz asked me if we were sleeping well in our bed because it was a full size, and we are used to a king. I said, " Are you kidding? We are getting the BEST sleep we have had in months!"This was after the surgery.
This was before. Obviously he did not know what was coming.
The kids had a carnival at their school which was really fun. Maddie on the rock wall. Of course she is in a dress, I mean would it be Maddie if she decided to wear pants?
The had horse rides, and I was so surprised with Jack, he just hopped right on. NO fear with that kid. Along with Maddie only wearing dresses, Jack will only wear shorts! Are you kidding? Why can't my kids just wear what I pick out for them?
Maddie taking her turn. Sa passed, she really was too scared.
This was before. Obviously he did not know what was coming.
The kids had a carnival at their school which was really fun. Maddie on the rock wall. Of course she is in a dress, I mean would it be Maddie if she decided to wear pants?
The had horse rides, and I was so surprised with Jack, he just hopped right on. NO fear with that kid. Along with Maddie only wearing dresses, Jack will only wear shorts! Are you kidding? Why can't my kids just wear what I pick out for them?
Maddie taking her turn. Sa passed, she really was too scared.
Ok, so awhile back I was at the church setting up for a ward activity and I see this on the play kitchen in the nursery. hmmmmmm.....wonder what kid that was!?
We go to library every Tuesday morning. Ms. Lizzie is just about the best children's librarian there is. She always has skits and plays for the kids to participate in. Jack is so funny. He always wants to be in it. He says his part and everything. He is just soooo cute when he gets up there.
Recently Sadie had her kindergarten program. She did great! Singing her little heart out. She has done so well this year, I am so proud of her. I was worried, with her being such a young one. But, she has really thrived. She is reading now, and getting better and better all the time. Her handwriting is improving and she is so social!! Sometimes she even gets in trouble for talking too much!!! Da and I are secretly thrilled about that! She has many friends, and loves to go. She likes to take hot lunch sometimes, which we think is great too. She has to go up and talk to adults and get her lunch. She has grown so much this year!
We go to library every Tuesday morning. Ms. Lizzie is just about the best children's librarian there is. She always has skits and plays for the kids to participate in. Jack is so funny. He always wants to be in it. He says his part and everything. He is just soooo cute when he gets up there.
Recently Sadie had her kindergarten program. She did great! Singing her little heart out. She has done so well this year, I am so proud of her. I was worried, with her being such a young one. But, she has really thrived. She is reading now, and getting better and better all the time. Her handwriting is improving and she is so social!! Sometimes she even gets in trouble for talking too much!!! Da and I are secretly thrilled about that! She has many friends, and loves to go. She likes to take hot lunch sometimes, which we think is great too. She has to go up and talk to adults and get her lunch. She has grown so much this year!




3 comments:
i am so behind on my blog and reading everyone elses, too! so nice to catch up with you guys. can't believe these are pics of your kids. what happened? they are so grown up! time is going by so fast and so i guess that makes us old.
Getting into trouble for talking too much? That is great - Love the pictures - Did you make spaghetti for Maddie when she lost all her teeth? So she can slurp up the noodles with her mouth closed - right through the whole in her teeth.
Love all the updates! Your kids are so photogenic! We love the pictures of Maddie with her teeth out and the Kevin pictures. Elizabeth can't look at them without making, "I want to touch him!" noises. So glad that Jack's tonsil surgery did the trick!
Post a Comment