Hula dancers
One day we went to Pearl Harbor. It was a must for Da. We both agreed we are glad that we did it, but wouldn't go back. Behind Da is a huge ship that we were able to tour. It was pretty cool.
Ummmmm....ship life would of been hard for Da.
Yes, Da is about 1 foot taller than me.
Cutest baby ever.
This is the pearl harbor memorial.
We also walked around the Temple grounds. It was so beautiful. I would of loved to of done a session, but next time when we are without a baby.
This tree is behind the Temple, and a picture can not do it justice. It is easy to say the most amazing tree I have ever seen.
We actually learned a lot about church history there. Also, there are so many members on the north shore of the island. We ate at the best little place that was owned by members. Those terriyaki burgers are in my dreams.
Here we are on Waikiki beach. It was pretty, but nothing to rave about. The beaches in Kauai are so much better.
First, on both islands, there were wild roosters everywhere! Weird.
Following are pictures of waimea canyon. One of the most beautiful sights I will likely ever see.
This is Kipu Falls. Its a small hike, and well worth it. In the distance you can see a ladder and that big tree has a rope for swinging into the pool below. Da was brave and did it. Me, well no I wimped out.
Following are pictures of waimea canyon. One of the most beautiful sights I will likely ever see.
The next 4 pictures are from a different waterfall, I can't remember the name of that one, Well, that's what I get for taking 4 months to post about this trip. We saw the waterfall from up above and wanted to try to go to he bottom. We thought we saw a bit of a trail which turned out to be really steep and quite far. The picture below is a bit fuzzy, and does not really show it properly, but I was trying to show the steepness of the hill.
Here we are at the bottom, which turned out to be pointless, because we couldnt cross the fast river which was pretty deep. We ended up with a bunch of mosiquito bites too. But hey it was an adventure.




3 comments:
OK - I'm jelous
How cool that you saw a seal! We LOVED Kauai too! It was incredible! And the beaches were far more beautiful than Oahu and way less people! Glad you had a great time and a chance to get away!
I'm so glad to see the pictures! It looks like you had an AMAZING trip! So glad you were able to go!!
Post a Comment