Friday, April 27, 2012

Camping/Easter/Kids

WARNING: Lots of photos, not much journaling.

Once again our life has been so busy, I have fallen behind on my blogging.

So a few weeks ago we went camping! It was our first time camping since we moved to Mississippi. It was so much fun!  We loved it! We went as a bishopric camp out, so we were with plenty of our friends.  The kids had a really great time.   All was well, except for bedtime with Kev.  He did not want to go to sleep in the tent. Oh he cried and cried! Finally at about midnight, Da zipped him into his coat and walked around the wilderness for awhile and he fell asleep and Da laid him between us. 




 I am pretty sure the kids fav. part was fishing! First time for all of them.  And they all caught a fish!










 We are hoping to make this an annual event, we loved it so much! Weather was perfect! 

Easter was the following day after returning from the camp out. We colored eggs as usual and had dinner with some friends, the Sorensens, and did an egg hunt for the kids.





 The last several pictures are just random shots of the kids.   They are all growing up so fast, it really breaks my heart!  Its kind of bitter sweet watching Kev grow up, as we are thinking he will be our last.   Things are getting easier, and we are starting to plan and think of things we can with an older family.  However, its hard to imagine that we are past the little baby stage of life.  For so long, that's all we knew. We always have had a baby, or one on the way!
Kev is starting to talk more and more, though he is surely no Maddie Sue!  He is better than Jack was at this age, so we assume he is normal.   Somewhere in between the fastest talker and the slowest talker of all  our kids.
 It warms my heart to see all four of them spending time together. 
 Last weekend was the daddy/daughter dance for the girl scouts.   This year Sadie went along and Da said they all three had a wonderful time.   These girls are sure growing up, and turning into pretty little ladies.   I am pretty sure we are in for trouble with the boy department when they hit the teenage years.
 Every time I download my camera there are at least 50 pictures that I did not take.  Usually they are random house shots, and close ups of someone's nose!  These two I thought were pretty funny.  Maddie is such a character.  However, I am pretty sure I am raising the replica of myself as a child.  This girl is so sassy, and such a back talker, I am feeling pretty bad for my parents lately.  Sometimes she does something, or says something or acts a certain way, and I have a flashback of myself! Its really quite scary!  All I can cling to is that I turned out fabulous, so we have a fighting chance here! We love her!

 My two boys are playing together so much these days! I love it.  The other day ago, Jack dressed himself and Kevy up and they played pirates for hours. It was so cute!


 We had round two of Fairy tale day at the school with Sadie in the first grade. She of course wore the red riding hood costume that Maddie wore last year.   She was pretty sweet!  Sa is such a pleasant little girl. So mild mannered, nothing like I was as a  kid.  Probably this is how Da was as a child. Easy going and happy!

 Kev is such a busy little guy, into everything!  He is such a joy! 
 By the way, I did not dress him in this crazy get up!  I don't know how Da would think that these two items go together! But whatever!
 Such a little cheesy smile!
More to come of us busy Campbells! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

Damon was easy going as a little kid - but his teenage years are a different story....loved the pictures!!!!!

cpcgporter said...

super cute!!!I dont know if Maddie acts like you so much but seeing pictures of her are like going back in time. the pirates and little red riding hood are pretty dang cute too