Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Special breakfast, checkups, and new years resolutions

"Special breakfast" is something new in our family. A couple of months ago, we read a Berenstein bear book where the cubs made mama breakfast in bed. Madelynn loved it. We even made breakfast trays out of boxes. For the last week, maddie has suprised Da and I with breakfast in bed (a.k.a. "special breakfast" ) every morning. It is always cold cereal with milk. It is adorable how sweet she is about the whole thing. She cuddled up to Da this afternoon and said " take this picture of me and dad and put it on the blog"

Below is just a quick picture to illustrate my point from my previous post, yes, the girls pretend he is their baby! I found him in their play cradle the other day ago.


Today I took the kids to the Doctor. Jack weighs almost 20 pounds(25%) and Madelynn weighs 39(45%) Goes to show how active Jack is! The kid started at like the 95% for weight! Anyways, at least when he is one we can turn him forward facing. Sadie was such a tiny bum she had to ride backwards until she was 19 months due to the fact that she did not weigh 20 pounds! Maddie had her immunizations so that she will be ready for Kindergarten in the fall. She was so brave, did not cry and held so still. I was so proud of her.
Finally Da and I have new years resolution to exercise more! We invested in a couple of jump ropes from Wal-mart and have been jumping at night when the kids are in bed. Let me just say, " That is stinking hard!" I am so sore! If anyone wants a really good work out, try jumping rope for even 15 minutes! Good Luck! I will keep everyone posted to see if we actually get into better shape and lose a few pounds!

8 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

So when you jump rope do you recite the rhymns from grade school? I am impressed that you can do 15 minutes of rope - I can do two jumping jacks and my heart kicks into overdrive - I stick to the low impact stuff - The kids are growing too fast - have you asked the Dr. about slowing that down?

Mandy said...

I tried jump-roping a few years ago. It WAS stinkin hard! So, that didn't last long for me. Shaila and I are taking a step aerobics class at the college, I like that kind of thing better, and being in a class is the only way I will keep any kind of exercise schedule. Maddie's special breakfast thing is adorable! What a sweetie.

Darren and Laura said...

have you let the girls eat breakfast in bed? or is it just the older people?
and on another note, i think it is weird that the girls say to put pictures on the blog. when we were thier age we would say put it on the wall. they are for sure not growing up the way we did :)

Janelle said...

Cute pictures - I think I'd like to see a jump roping post! Maybe video? Come on...you tell us all about it...show us the money - or the muscles! Also, I'm proud that you are still economical - two jumpropes instead of a bowflex or some other great contraption. The jumpropes will take up less space in the goodwill box when you give it up. Take care guys - love ya.

The Patty Cake House said...

I tried jumping rope once - yep just once! :O) I'm not as young as I used to be. Love the pictures of your cute kids!

Heather said...

Maybe I will add jumproping to my exercize...anyway to work the tummy away with the rope?

Liz said...

The breakfast thing is so cute. Greggers wants to know why he isn't in your pictures. He seems to think he belongs there.

KrizteeTrain said...

Jump roping is good and easy. Another great one (works different muscles) is running in place. It requires no equipment--you could do it stark nacked. The key for a good workout (your bum mainly but really your whole lower body) i sto keeo your legs parallel to the ground when you hop. This exercise is also known as "high knees." Try it for five minutes and tell me how you feel! Great for kids to because you build "hip flexor" strength early, which will be invaluable in overall health and sports fitness in later years.