On
Friday we took the kids to the state fair. We went last year and it was so memorable, we went again this year. The best part about the fair here is the free circus. They do some crazy things at that circus! I truly was scared for the performers lives! They don't use any ropes to protect them, and there is nothing but concrete below them. When they were on the high wire I closed my eyes a few times. The kids loved it though! We had a cold snap this weekend, it dropped down to the low 60's, hence the winter coats!
Here is a
picture of Maddie (with friend Kayla) petting a baby chick.

Sadie "milking" a cow

Maddie taking her turn

Standing near a calf! The grange kids are all about the animals, our kids not so much!

That is my arm touching that baby alligator! It felt really weird, hard on the top, but soft on the underneath.

A random cute picture of the kids and myself. Da was in charge of the camera, ordinarily I try to avoid pics of myself. But I also realize its important to take pics with the kids.

Jack and myself.

Maddie was brave enough to feed the animals in the petting zoo. Sadie was like no way!

Jack took a turn too! It was cute he gave them 2 carrots, and than said no every other time I asked him if he wanted to feed them.

On Saturday we took the kids to the pumpkin patch. Jack lifting a big one!

Maddie has
hers
Sadie has
hers too!

All three sitting in the pumpkins

Now this is a funny shot. We went on a hayride out to get our pumpkins, but along the way they stopped us to show us different animals they have on their farm. This pond is where they breed their catfish! We were with a few friends and I took this picture because they were all trying to see the catfish come up to the surface to eat. Every now and than I am struck " this is such a southern thing" Out west you would never be on a hayride looking at animals and stop to see the catfish pond!

We had a great afternoon! Enjoy the pictures!






I wanted to share a bit about each of the kids! I realize I never do that.

Sadie is doing so well in preschool. She loves it and she has grown so much. We went to her open house last week and she was able to show us her classroom and all the fun projects she has been working on . She is a very good student says her teacher. She spends her time and takes her work very seriously. She is really coming out of her shell too. Today in primary, she actually said that she wanted a turn to participate in singing time. That has never happened! She went right up and seemed a little nervous, but I was so proud of her! She is growing and learning and we just love her!

Our little Jack is so adorable! He just cracks us up with his little personality. He still can only say less than 5 words, which can be very frustrating for him and for us! His
ped. seems to think he is just fine so we are not worried. He can understand all we say to him, and obey small requests. He LOVES balls! He almost always has one in his hands and he does this little baseball stance that makes us just die laughing! One of his
fav. games is follow the leader. He likes to be the leader and he is constantly checking that you are doing just as he does. He wants to sit on the potty all the time, though he has never
actually gone. He wipes and flushes though and he thinks he is big stuff. He loves his sisters( one of his few words...sissy) and wants to be with them all the time! He is a joy and so much fun to watch.

Now for sweet little Maddie. She is growing up so fast( she almost 6, just another few weeks). She
completely loves kindergarten. I had parent teacher
conf. with Mrs. Jones about a week ago and of course she only has the best things to say about her. She has always been an adorable little girl and very lovable. She is doing very well with her work just as Sadie. Her first report card was just as we expected, she is doing awesome. She has many friends and is in the little girl pack! I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she really wants a pink hairdryer(we can do that) and some of her own make-up! (that's not happening) She is such a little girl. I love spending time with her and hearing about her day and watching her grow into this beautiful little girl.
5 comments:
GREAT post!!! I will say it wasn't cold enough for winter coats though. The pumpkin patch pictures just might make a great page for the calendar - like for November :)
Thanks for sharing about all the kids! I can't wait to talk to Sadie now that she is less shy, and Jack sounds hilarious. It's cool that Maddie has the same kindergarten teacher as mine. Well, the same name anyway. And Mrs. Jones was actually my preschool teacher but close enough.
Tell them all I said hi :)
Don't worry Nik we will send her some makeup for her birthday.
Your kids are growing up so fast. Maddie is turning into such a little lady. I agree with Sue, 60 is practically a heat wave.
Stand your ground with the make up thing! keep that girl young. it just isn't fair how fast she is growing up.
Post a Comment