Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My new kitchen

Liz requested some pictures of my new painted kitchen. I did it in a pale yellow, which is so cheery for a kitchen. I mean lets face it, you need to be cheered up while you are in there, your usually working! :) Of course its not as cute as your nursery Liz but we thought it turned out pretty good. I really want to add a saying or quote above this doorway in black acrylic letters. But I haven't found anything I like yet. Any ideas anyone?


We added this to both walls in the dining area. I love it! The girls are always bringing home projects from school, and now we have a cute way to display them.

I also want to make a really cute valance to go over the window, but alas, no material that I like. My accent color will be red, I love stripes and I am particular with what colors will be in the fabric. So I will be on the continued hunt, and until than, no valance. Keep me in mind though when you all are shopping. I wish we had a Joanne's here.

9 comments:

Lani said...

Looks great! I LOVE your idea for hanging the kids work!! We are always trying to find a new way to display school projects.. other than the fridge which is where they usually end up! Is it just a curtain rod? I think I will be putting one in each of the kids' rooms!! Great idea!
Also, in case you didn't know... you can shop Joann's online! :) If you sign up online you can get those nice %40 off coupons in your email, too.

The Patty Cake House said...

SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! Great Job!!!! I have one of my favorite sayings hanging in my kitchen it says "Speak Kind Words Receive Kind Echoes" --- Good luck finding something.

Kami said...

Here's some I found for the kitchen:
"Sit Long...Talk Much...Laugh Often"
"Meals and Memories Are Made Here"
"Good Friends, Good Food, Good Times"
"Life's Uncertain...Eat Dessert First"
"A pinch...dash..spoonful...heap"
"Love and Cook with Wild Abandon"
"Come Gather at Our Table"
"The Kitchen is the Heart of the Home"
"Bless the Cook Who Serves Love and Laughter"
"This Kitchen is Seasoned with Love"

Grandma Sue said...

I like all the quotes that Kami suggested - good luck figuring it all out - I LOVE how you display the kids work - wish I had that 25 years ago - kitchen looks great - can't wait to see it in person :)

Darren and Laura said...

i also like the quotes, but i have one more suggestion, "if you don't think i can cook, just look at my husband" ;)

Liz and Grant said...

I love it! It looks great, and the new table really was a steal now that I see it! I will tell you my two favorite sayings only because I have been looking around our house and can't figure out where to put them, so if you like them I guess you could use them,
" come what may and love it"
" in all things give thanks"
Good luck on the valance, that's what I'm stuck on in our kitchen/dinning area too (I married the brother who has a little too much imput on decorating matters, so I have to find fabric that he'll agree to, and that is not easy)

Shantel said...

What a happy kitchen! I love it!! You guys dd a great job!

Porter Family said...

I like Darren's quote. Ha ha. When you come up here, I'll take you to JoAnn's. We're super excited!

Liz said...

Love it. Its so cute. Dmans quote suggestion is hysterical.