Thursday, April 15, 2010

Around the house

I have been doing a little painting over the last couple of months and I wanted to post a few pictures. Now that we know we are having another boy, its so fun to think of a boys room and a girls room. For the boys room, we painted the walls a sky blue, and Da painted a railroad track on the wall. I will admit I was scared to do it, so I was happy when he said he would. He did a really good job. He tried to make it not "perfect" on purpose. I ordered the trains and I thought they turned out really cute. The picture below will have Kevin's name riding in the carts after he is born. Here is Jacks. I see that I need to repaint his letters to match the colors of the train, but you know, all in good time. :)




The girls LOVE their pink room. After Da finished it, we both walked in and thought "wow, this is pink" But we are used to it now, and of course as I said, they love it, and that's what matters.
I decided to accent in green and that tamed it down a bit. Its very girly, but I think its cute.



And I finally chose a saying for in my kitchen. Gordon B. Hinkley's the be's. A friend here has a cricket and she so kindly helped me with this project.
It feels so much more homey now.

We are slowly making this home "ours" Next up is our room and the living room!

8 comments:

Darren and Laura said...

very impressive!!! i should come back and see it agian

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

So very cute! Quite impressive!

Grandma Sue said...

Love the boys room - I would have been very shocked if the girls picked a different color - what r your plans for your room?

Liz and Grant said...

Looks great! Good luck on your room and the living room- can't wait to see pictures, I'm sure it's all going to look wonderful!

The Patty Cake House said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!!

Rachel said...

Good work you two! Can't wait to visit and see my name on the wall too!

Mandy said...

Excellent work!! We've been painting over here too. We just did the living room, kitchen, dining, and hallways. I still want to do our room and the boys' room before baby gets here. Do you know what you are going to do for your other rooms? It sure does make a place feel more homey! I like that you accented the pink with green, it's very cute. And the train tracks are super cute too. George was saying the other day that we need to start planning a trip to come see you guys this year - yay! - we miss you guys.

Heather said...

Super cute! I would love to change a few things here, but I haven't had that modivation to try.