Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy April!

What were your kids doing on April 15th?? Mine were swimming! A little too cold for myself, but the girls had been begging me to take them. Its been in the 80 pretty consistently for awhile, so I guess they are hot. We invited some friends and they loved it!
Sadie and Kiera were the first to get cold, they both had the body shivers. :) Maddie, Kayla and Sam never got cold I guess, because they never got out!
I was glad to see that the girls had not lost any ground on their swimming after their lessons from last summer.
The next two pictures are similar, but I couldn't decide which one was cuter. Sadie, Kiera, Kayla and Maddie.

So Jack is in a big boy bed now. Its going OK, he loves it. The only problem we are having is that now he comes and wants to get in bed with us in the middle of the night. He sure looks cute in it though.
A few weeks ago I went to time out for women in Memphis!! I loved it so much! The speakers were fabulous(except for one boring guy). I had some great company with some friends! Thanks for taking me along Kimber!!!
Myself, Elizabeth, Kimber and Michelle.
A few months ago the girls really wanted to learn to sew something. We chose an easy basic skirt. The girls picked out their own fabric and had lots of fun doing it themselves. I let them do everything! The only sad part is that they don't like the skirts and won't wear them! Well that's not too shocking for me. They are so picky with their clothes!! Oh well, the fabric was cheap and they had fun and I think they learned a little bit.

5 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

I can't believe your little girls are sewing!!!! That is absolutely amazing!!! That is one skill I don't have but desperately wish I did.

Mandy said...

The swimming pictures are very cute. Yay for warm weather! I can't believe Jack is old enough for a big boy bed - what a cutie. And I can't believe the girls are sewing. I think I can barely do a straight line! I want pics of the final products. That's great that you got to go to TOFW. We have ours next weekend - you'll have to tell me who the boring guy is so I can be prepared :)

Rachel said...

just have them put the skirts on for a picture for us to see!

Grandma Sue said...

They can wear those skirts around the house or for PJ's - they need to be proud of their work - their Grandma is!!!

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

That's so awesome that it's warm enough to swim in April! We've had more of the April showers bring May flowers stuff here... And so great that you got to go to TOFW! I'm so excited to go to the one in Spokane next weekend!