Friday, October 1, 2010

Scare me to death!!!

Two days ago, I came back from my walk. I pushed the stroller into the garage, and picked up Kevin because he was crying. I pushed the garage button to close it as I walked into the house. I left the door coming into the house open so that Jack could follow me in. As I walked in, it felt hot so I went straight to turn on the AC. As I was adjusting the temp. I heard Jack kind of crying and I heard him call for me. (Now how often do you just run to your child when you hear them call for you? If your like me, usually it takes a minute) I thought to myself, I had better go and check on him. (thank you Holy Ghost) As I rounded the corner to go down the long hallway that leads to the garage, this is what I saw. The garage door was all the way open, and Jack was hanging from the very top, holding on with his little hands!!!!!!!!!I hesitated for less than half a second only because I was holding the baby. I put the baby on the floor right in the hallway and ran as fast as I could and grabbed Jack down. That was the longest run of my life, the whole time I was thinking that he would drop any second.

Thankfully I made it, and he is fine. He was so scared and so was I. All I can figure is that when the door came down, he grabbed on to the bottom lip, and he tripped it so it went back up. If I would of waited even 10 seconds, I am sure he would of fallen and been badly hurt. When I called my mom and told her what had happened, she said that I would of found him and not even known what had happened!

Thankfully Jack is very athletic, I am sure it helped him to hold on! Thankfully I listened to the promptings of the spirit and went and checked on him immediately.

2 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

Oh my goodness that is scary. I'm so glad that he has some strong arms and is ok!!!! :)

Grandma Sue said...

What a strong little guy - glad also that he was scared and didn't think it fun and tries to do it again.