The top of our table has the distressed wood look, and the chairs are a perfect compliment.
We have both been wanting to decorate the office since we moved in. We finally found the perfect color for the walls, and Da found these awesome cabinets while I was in cda. We pretty much re-did the entire room and we both love it!!! Thanks to a couple of really great friends who are talented with decortating, this room is really a pop! now. This first pic is taken from outside the french doors in our entry way.
On the back wall is the cabinets that Da found. We painted them a bright white, and updated the hardware on them. The "family" blocks are from Emily who did not want them anymore after she moved, and I can not believe how great they match.We bought two new office chairs, that look great. The little white table was another yard sale find. We wanted the office to be a place where the whole family could work.
I love this wall!!! Nichole and Amy helped me lay the entire thing out. It looks so great.
A view of the french doors from inside the office.
We love the color for the walls. I was at the dentist right after I got back from cda, and I was noticing their op rooms. They had this blue paint, dark brown wood floors, white trim, and a huge window. I thought, this would look great for our office! I asked the Dentist if we could borrow his can of paint, we took it to home depot, they mathced it, and we had it done in just a few days. We love it so much, we are thinking of painting the kitchen now in the same color. (pics to come if we do it)
Ok, the bonus room has been a work in progress for just about a year now. We have been doing it in stages and now it is just about finished. The only thing we have left to do it the bathroom, and I think we will wait until the start of next year to tackle that one. ( We kind of need a break from projects) I was really proud and impressed with how well Da did on this room. He pretty much did the whole thing himself. He contracted out a few things, but it is his work. The kids love it, we have moved all the toys up there, and the tv, and its a great family room.
Along this wall and the wall behind the couch, we added some storage closets. We were inspired by the Granges, and we are so glad we took the extra work and money to put them in. The one behind the couch, we use for camping gear, christmas decorations, and extra blankets and pillows,
In this side, we have it reserved for the kids toys. Its so nice to have a great big place for all their things. It really keeps the room clean.
The door on the left is a walk in closet, plus a small door entrance into the attic,(more storage) and the door to the right will be the new bathroom. Ya!!!! Four bathrooms to clean, can hardly wait!!! :)
The last two pics are of the stair case. Which by the way Kev has mastered. Thank goodness for that. It was nice that Cass came because she helped train him, as she has experience in training babies on stairs.
Well more to come. We are having Granite put into the kitchen in a few weeks(been ordered and paid for, just waiting for the install) and of course if we paint. :) Love having change, and seeing our home grow more beautiful! We have been so blessed!




2 comments:
Looks great - guess I'll have to plan a trip to see for myself. Granite counter tops?!!!!! It is official - you are much better off than your parents - or at least this half. So happy for you
Love the color of the office. Your cabinets look great!!! It looks so much bigger now! Amazing. I think your kitchen would look great that color too. Can't wait to see what you decide to do.
And this is the first time I've seen your upstairs. I miss our bonus room. It is such a nice way to keep the rest of the house clean. :)
Yay! Love it.
Post a Comment