Monday, August 29, 2011

Boys

I love my boys! They are so different than girls.  I love that I get to stay home with them, and see how much they love to learn and grow. They constantly crack me up with the things that they do.  
Kev is growing so much, he is at my favorite age, which is between 1- and like 3.   They just become little people during this age.   Kev loves to play with cars.  Jack was not much of a car baby, he loved balls.  But Kev, he loves the cars.  I was so surprised a month ago when I saw him pushing a car and making vroom noises.  I thought, how does he know how to do that?? Obviously the girls don't play cars, and Jack is really  not into cars, he is always playing swords and star wars and he-man.  But, I guess they really are just born that way.   It seems he always has a car in his hand.  I love it!  


 He is also turning into a major climber!  He is like reliving Sadie all over again.  She was such a sweet and good baby, and than she grew into a climber and she got much harder.  Well, same story here, part two.  He climbs up on anything that he can.  And if he can't, he pushes something over so he can use it to climb up on something else.  (Sadie did that too)  ( Just as a side story, when Sadie was a baby she would always go get a big mixing bowl from the kitchen, and use it to get to wherever she wanted to get up to.  One day Georgey and Maddie were watching tv and Sadie went and got a bowl to turn off the tv.  Well Georgey threw the bowl down the hall, and just sat back down to the show.  This did not stop Sa, she just and went and got another bowl, and did the same thing again. George again threw it down the hall.  The third time she came back with yet another bowl, and turned off the tv, George says "where does she keep getting these??????"  )Well, as you can see in this picture, he likes to get up on the step stool and waves to himself in the mirror, and plays with the toothbrushes in the draws, and brushes his teeth. Look at him on his little tippy toes? I love it.

 So, last night we had a bit of a tragedy here. Jack fell in the bathtub, and split his chin.  Of course Da was not home, I had just got Kev out of the bath, and the girls were in the shower. When I took a look, I was pretty sure he would need stitches. Blood was everywhere and still flowing.  I quick got everyone in the car, and started out when I realized it was almost 7 on a Sunday night, and where the heck was I going to take this kid?  Thankfully we have some wonderful friends, and he is a doctor. I called him to see if he would just take a look to see if he could tell me if he needed stitches, before I went and sat in the e.r. for three hours.  His wife said to come on over, she thought that Patrick could just stitch him up.  So that was nice, he ended up with 3 stitches right under his chin.  Poor little guy. It was pretty heart wrenching to watch him cry and beg to "please stop it, your hurting me"    
 He is one funny kid.  He is always saying that he needs to look cool today, so help him get on his cape and mask.   Some funny things he has said lately;

Jack: Mom, can you buy me some rocket boots?(asked everyday for 2 weeks straight)
Me:What are you going to do with rocket boots?
Jack: I need them so I can fly
Me: I don't know where you can buy rocket boots Jack
Jack: At the rocket boot store Mommy
Me: well, I don't think that there is such a thing as a rocket boot store
Jack: We need to build one, right next to our house, ok?

Jack: Mom, I was trying to climb that tree, and it kept crashing me down, and its never gonna be true!


Jack: Mom, why did those bad guys hang Jesus on the cross?
Me: Well, they were bad guys
Jack:  Well, I would punch those guys in the face, and than I would save Jesus and fly off with my cape!


Damon: What are you going to do today Jack?
Jack: Well, first I am going to watch too much tv, and than.................


So, the girls are back in school, and since Jack's best friend Grady, who was more like a  brother, moved, Jack is kind of lonely.  He has some other little friends in the neighborhood, but he and Grady were together from 8 am until about 5pm everyday.   That's hard to beat.  Anyways, he is learning to play on his own. Which mostly includes cape wearing and star wars.   Well today he brings me this back pack which Damon will put on with Jack in it while he mows the lawn. He sticks his little tiger that Sister Berthelson gave him(whose name is Davin by the way, a combination between Dave and Damon. He thinks that Dave Huismans name is Davin, and apparently he took quite a liking to him this summer to name his tiger after him) and grabs this pushy toy and pretends its a lawn mower.
 What can I say? I am loving spending my days with my little boys!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I love this post! Poor Jack, but the picture of him mowing the lawn with the backpack is hilarious. And all my girls are making "oooh" sounds at the pictures of Kevin on the stepstool.

KrizteeTrain said...

I wish I could post more about the things our family does like you do :( I just never remember when the time comes to blog.

Grandma Sue said...

I love it - Jack is a hoot!!! He's going to watch too much TV - What goes through their minds.

Darren and Laura said...

i love how Jack is pretending to be Da as he mows the lawn. just goes to show you how cool of a Dad he has if he even wants to mow the lawn like him :)