Having a big family makes life crazy busy. We have had so much going on, I really don't know how I am keeping every one's schedule together. But we are happy, what more can we say?
Maddie is doing so well in 2nd grade. She is a great little student, does everything to perfection and is so well rounded. We have a parent teacher conference coming up and I just know we will have rave reviews about her. She is also very busy with Piano, she has weekly lessons, and practices daily. She decided that she also wanted to join the strings group at school, and she chose the violin. She is doing pretty good with that as well. She also practices daily. She is in Girls Scouts again this year. She meets only 2 times a month for now, which is great. Well I should say they have 2 troop meetings a month, and than of course there are other things going on with that as well. She actually just graduated from being a daisy to a brownie. She will soon be turning 8, and than she will be starting achievement day girls at the church on Wed. nights. With all of this, I told her she had to drop something, and even though she loved it, she gave up gymnastics. She is a great girl, and is looking forward to being baptized soon. We are so proud of her and the wonderful little girl she is.
Sadie is also doing great in 1st grade. She is really improving with her reading, and she is darn good at math. However, that should not come as a shock to anyone who knew her when she was like 18 months. That girl could turn out the puzzles like nobodies business. She has always had a math brain, she is like her Daddy in that way. She on the other hand is a bit of a free spirit, and regularly gets into trouble at school. Nothing serious, its always talking, not getting her work done, playing during instruction, etc. She really does understand everything but she rushes. We love her, and we love her little personality. Sadie is taking violin lessons this year privately. She wanted to do something, and she was sad that she could not join the strings group(must be in 2nd grade) and our piano teacher likes them to start at age 7. I asked her if maybe she would like to take violin lessons and she was thrilled. So far she is loving it. My friend and neighbor teaches her, so she can walk and that is very helpful. She is growing up so much, I still love to talk to her with her cute little kid voice. I really don't want that to change, yet I know it must and will someday.
Jack is still our funny little guy. He spends all his days in his capes that Grandma Sue made for him, with a mask and a belt that used to be Da's. He uses the belt to hold his light sabre. He of course still loves tv, so we keep him as busy with friends as possible. He is a popular kid. Almost daily he has a friend over or he is at a friends house. He loves it though. Some girls in the ward wanted to start a preschool co-op and after some thought, I agreed to participate. Jack is loving it so much! He goes on Wed. and Fri, and on Tues. we go to story time at the library. Both boys really love that. Ms. Lizzy is the BEST librarian I have ever known. And on Thursday we still go to playgroup. So, its a full week for Jack, and of course for me too. He is adorable, and keeps us laughing daily at his little sayings and things that he does.
Kevy has grown the most this past few months. He is actually taking steps, and he is so proud of himself. He still prefers to crawl only because it is faster, but will usually start out with walking. He is such a joy and he is still the sweetest little guy. His evaluation for some of his delays went really well, and he seems to be improving all the time now. I am still really hesitant to get him any of his vaccines, but eventually when he gets older I will catch him up. I am so grateful for the whisperings of the spirit. I have felt the Lord guiding me with Kevy, and I can see the miracles that have come from listening to His council. He is a precious boy, who everyone loves when they get to know him.
With all that the kids have going on, I find that I am busier now than I have ever been in my entire life. For example, I have been working on this post for a week! We have piano lessons, violin lessons, girl scouts, preschool,(which of course I am teaching roughly 2 times a month) Dr. appts., helping the kids with homework, school projects, and getting them prepared for tests and of course the cleaning and the laundry and the shopping and everything else! Plus I am crazy enough to be the room mom for Sadie's class and assistant for Maddie's class! Add in PTO meetings and I don't have a spare minute. A few weeks ago, Da came home and said that we have been so blessed, we need to find more opportunities to serve. I readily agreed, and about 1 week later the Lord delivered. My neighbor has been struggling with childcare costs and arrangements for her child for quite sometime,. The other day ago we were talking on the phone and I felt very prompted to offer to watch her daughter for her after school. I remembered what Da had said and I knew this is what Heavenly Father wanted me to do. She is so grateful, and I am happy to do it for her, but this also means we have an extra one around most days. If I thought that I got some crazy looks dragging 4 kids around, its magnified with 5!
Da of course has the same busy life that he has always had. His very strenuous job (ha!) and of course his Church responsibilities keep him busy. We LOVE our family and we LOVE our life together. Even if it is a bit hectic ALL THE TIME!
This is Jack with Caroline. They are in preschool together and she stayed for a play date the other day ago. I loved having a girl over for him! Hopefully this will be a new trend!
It was raining that day, who needs a hat right?
Jack and Da wrestling, what's new?
My kids are always wanting to fly a kite, but so often the weather is not quite right. Well the other day ago it was. It was pretty much their dream come true.
Ok, so the story of this may seem a little bad on my parenting skills. Da was out bbqing, and I was cooking some pasta for mac salad, when Kev needed a diaper change. Jack has been loving to help me cook these days. Well, I went to change his diaper, and by the way Jack was not helping me at this particular time, but apparently he decided that he would. I come out of the boys room and Jack comes to me with panic on his face, saying" Momma, come fast its a fire" I go into the kitchen where this wooden spoon is laying on the counter, next to the stove on fire! Not to worry, I kept my cool and took care of everything, and than Jack and I had to have a talk about helping. Thankfully no one was hurt, and that includes our brand new granite counter tops!
One cute Kevy-Roo in the bath
One cute Kevy-Roo on the phone
Jack on his first day of preschool
Sadie and Mckenzie(my neighbor) and Maddie doing their homework after school.
Stay tuned for more crazy Campbell highlights. Hopefully I will get to our very fun vacation we took to Tennessee soon!




3 comments:
Fun post! Life does seem to be on super-speed lately, huh? It used to seem like there was lots of free time in the day! But at least you know your kids are wonderful, and you and Damon are doing a fantastic job!
i am always so impressed with you two and all you do. i just wish i had more opportunities to visit and give sugar to those kids of yours ;)
Wow. So busy! Well even though the blog took a week it was well worth it! It was a great read.
Post a Comment