Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Deep south

I just wanted to post a few pictures of the area. It is so green and pretty here. We are really liking it so far. This is just down the road from our apartment, it is so pretty, however, it does have alligators we have been told, so, in our opinion, its really pretty from a ways back.
This is a picture I took from the car, its a national highway that Da takes to get to work.

Now, has anyone ever seen this before? It was a first for us!

8 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

Halt? Are you guys in another country? Is this on the driving test? That is just crazy -

Darren and Laura said...

cool! i take it is just a stop sign. lookes good to me. i like green places, especially because the place i am in now isn't green.
have fun:)

Shaila Lou said...

Yay! Updates! Looks beautiful Nik! I'm so glad that you guys are enjoying it. We miss you here though. The other day Quinn was asking about Maddie and Sadie.

Mandy said...

yay for pictures! I love to see where you guys live. Keep 'em coming! We sure miss you guys. I'm waaay creeped out about those alligators though. Maybe we won't be coming for a visit. Yikes!

Heather said...

I love the sign. Thanks for sharing and giving me a good laugh.
Maybe we should have more signs like this.

Lani said...

It looks beautiful there! I'm glad you guys are liking it! Stay away from the creepy alligators though!

Porter Family said...

Gators really aren't that bad unless they are provoked. We swam with them at girls camp in Alabama. Nobody's limbs were taken off. I still prefer pools where you can see the bottom, though. Call me when someone starts giving you directions and uses the "farsee" as mileage.

Liz said...

I can totally see you adding this into your vocabulary Nik. Yelling Halt! instead of stop seems right up your alley. I miss you.