On Saturday night we went to a ward activity. Its the 14
th year this ward has had flipper bowl. It really is hard to describe in words and pictures do not really do it justice. It really was a lot of fun and the kids had a great time as well. So, you remember those little paper footballs that boys make in high school? Well, the whole activity is centered around a game using those.....and you have flipper bowl. It is set up kind of like the NCAA tournament, one loss
elimination. The tables have been made special and they even have stadium seating for the final two! It pretty impressive! They have all kinds of food you get at a stadium, hot dogs, nachos(April you would love it!) chili, lemonade..... anyways. Below is a picture of the girls at the final flip off( ha!:)) They play music and everyone really gets into it! Look Sadie is totally clapping!

We were honored with the national anthem. The final game is played on the table in the picture. They even have real goal posts!

You can even win a trophy(and
da came so close, one more win and he would of had one baby!) Maybe next year!

Jack hanging from the bleachers, don't worry, a friend is holding him from behind
Da in the tournament, he won this game( if you really want to know how to play, and have me review the rules, give me a call sometime)
Da was eating this cookie and talking to a friend and Jack just grabbed it and started eating it. Hey, he knows the good stuff

Before the games begin they host a parade for all the kids. The kids decorate their bikes with streamers and balloons and ride around the parking lot! Too fun

Sadie of course was a little bit more shy than
Madelynn and
Da had to walk with her



Here is a picture of some of the tables

This was by far one of the most amazing ward activities I have ever been too. Its done annually, so if any one wants to check it out next year you should plan a visit around this time!
10 comments:
Oh my Gosh I used to play this all the time in college. We made a little football and I carried it around and it's still in my gymn bag after like five years.
To me this is amazing. The only problrm is I think I would get really competitive. "What's up now SON!" (to the 7 year-old boy) and "How do you like me NOW?!?" (to the Bishop).
FUN!!!
Also Nik I think the title should read "Flipper Bowl XIV" ;)
Holy COW!!!! That is amazing!!! I love the bike pictures - so cute!
Sounds like you have a great ward activities chairman. Guess if I ever get called to be on the committee, I should remember this.
What a great family activity- also give Maddie a high five - I always had trouble with the monkey bars - I have never had arm strength - ever
i like the picture of Da. you can tell he is really concentrating :)
Oh that is awesome. Sounds like some fun times! I love the parade and everything. That is a big deal.
Sadie's hair is sooo long! How did that happen? You guys have been gone too long!
man you have the funnest ward. If it wasn't so stinkin far I'd move to your ward. Wish we were there. We miss you.
I think Bud would die if we ever did something like that. He'd love it.
That is the coolest ward activity ever! I can't believe how long Sa's hair is in the first pic. The girls sure are growing up :(
Post a Comment