Weighing in at 7lbs and 14 oz, being 20.5 inches long, Kevin Porter joined our family on July 22, at 2:39 pm. He is a sweet and precious baby and our hearts are full of him. My labor went well, I arrived at the hospital around 5:30 am, and they started me on the
pitocin around 6:15. Doctor
Gebheart broke my water at 9:00 and than I got my
epidural. All went well until around 1 when my epidural wore off. I had a rough 45 minutes before my boost kicked in from the
anesthesiologist. He was born at 2:39 after only pushing 3-4 times.
Proud Daddy cutting the cord for the 4
th time.

Dr.
Gebheart holding up my beautiful boy

He cried for the first couple of minutes, and than just calmed right down and was so content. Just looking around.

Daddy got to hold him first. I held him on my chest for a few minutes while
Da cut the cord and than they took him to clean him up and weigh him. It took so long for me to get stitched up, Kevin was ready before I was, so
Da really got to hold him first.


I was exhausted that night, but I couldn't get enough of my sweet little precious baby.

Right after his first bath

Proud sisters meeting their new little brother.

Jack was not really into him that first day. I think he was overwhelmed.

My mom was fabulous to be here. I was so at peace knowing she had my kids, and it was so nice to have someone to share our little boy with.



He has a little newborn rash, which is the red spots. He is so adorable though!

Look at those little hands tucked under his cheeks. So precious!
Da can not get over how cute he is. You would of thought he was a first time Dad with how much he gushes over this little guy.

Jack finally showed some interest in him the second day they came to visit at the hospital.

His hair has a tint of red in it. You can see it in this picture.

He is a sucker! He loves to nurse, he loves his
paci, and he has found his thumb a few times too.

Our first family picture. Its still hard to believe that
Da and I have FOUR children! We are a family of six!

Getting ready to leave the hospital.

First day home

My mom left yesterday, it was hard to see her go.

We gave him his first little spit bath last night. He took it pretty well. He is so alert. When he is awake, he is so content. His eyes are always wide and looking around. I am not kidding
when I say this little guy never cries. He is some miracle baby with the sweetest personality.

How cute is this face?? I just love him!

Since this is our smallest baby, he seems so fragile compared to the others. I took this picture of him in his crib, its huge for him!

He is an angel! We love him and adore him and our family feels more complete with him. What a precious gift from heaven!

The hospital took some adorable pictures of him. They are supposed to upload them to their website soon. Feel free to take a look. Go to
http://www.newlifeportraits.net/ and click on-line proofs. scroll down until you find my name. You will need a password which is 3624. Enjoy!
9 comments:
My arms ache for him. Looks like Gibson will have to help me out again. He is soo cute - That crib picture makes him look soooo little. Thanks for the pictures!!!!
Oh my goodness, he is adorable!!!! Really. Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to meet him. Nik, you are looking fabulous right after having a baby, holy cow. So many cute pictures! We are so happy for you all!!
P.S. You spell it "Pitocin". :)
The Moreira's agree, he is so cute and your family looks completely happy. Great job with pushing! only 3-4 times you are a pro :) I can't wait to meet him. We love you all!!!
This is the post I've been waiting for!!!!! He is adorable!!! I loved reading what you wrote I can tell that your heart is so full it's about to burst!!! What a sweet family you have. Congratulations to you all!!!!
Awww, Sooo cute! We love hime already! I'm so glad he seems to be sweet and mellow for you guys, and I will knock on wood right now that he stays that way! I can't wait to meet him, Thanksgiving is too far away:(
And I think he looks just like Jack, which is a good thing cause Jack sure is a cute boy!
He's so cute. He looks just like all of the other kids. Your kids just have that Porter face. Such a doll.
oh my he really is sooo sooo cute! I can't wait to meet him. One of the first pictures of him I thought he looked like your youngest brother. But the others he totally looks like Jack! Congratulations!
Congratulations you guys! He's adorable! I'm so glad you got another boy! Boys are so fun.
He's beautiful you guys...and now you are officially a minivan family:) Enjoy your lovely family!
Post a Comment