Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Teeth, a princess party and growing up

Yes, its true, Jack has finally broken his first tooth! He is 8 1/2 months, much later than the girls got their first tooth. Yesterday he was so fussy and he would not sleep and so I checked his mouth to check if maybe he was finally cutting a tooth, but, nothing was there. Later that night I was at my recipe exchange group and Da texts me that Jack has a tooth! It just happend that fast. Today has been much better. He is growing up so fast, he wants to be everywhere that his sisters are, which is not always the best place to be, but they are so cute with him and he loves them. I love this smile, it just cracks me up The girls were taking a bath, and of course he just had to know what was going on. By the way, he is one crazy kid in the bath! He kicks and splashes like crazy! The girls do not like to take a bath with him because they say he splashes them to much. My girls are very calm in the bath, so this is new for us.
The weather is starting to get cold here, by cold I mean about 65, still cold enough to light the fire. The girls wanted me to take their picture in front of it. So exciting!


Almost 2 weeks ago now we had a party for Madelynn with all her friends, she had fun and so did all the kids.


When I asked Maddie what she wanted to do for her party she said " well of course a pinata"






We also played pin the shoe on cinderella, the kids really liked this. Although the little girl who won totally cheated and all the other kids were fired up about that!
So, my title said something about growing up and I had a cute story about Maddie. The other day ago, her and Sadie asked me if they could have a piece of candy from their bucket and I said they may have one. Well, I was busy doing something and when I went to check on them, they were in their room hiding under the bed. I knew they had taken the candy under there, but I thought, whatever, lets just be done with it, there really wasn't that much left in the bucket anyhow. Also, they do not usually do stuff like that. Well later they come into my room while I was reading a book and Maddie says she has something to tell me. I asked what it was. She was really hesitating and than she said that they had made a bad choice. Of course I knew what it was all about, but I let her continue. She kept leaving the room and than coming back in, like she was building up her courage to tell me. I finally said when you do something wrong and you keep it a secret from your mom and dad, it can make you feel yucky inside and that she would feel better if she just came out with it. So, finally she said," we took the candy bucket under our bed and we ate a whole bunch of candy and we are so sorry!" I told her thank you for telling me the truth and I appreciated her honesty. I thought it showed how much she has grown, and I am glad that she felt so guilty about sneaking and lying to me. I was very proud of her, she is really growing up.





9 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

Hey! I've caught it again w/out words!

Great pics.

Thanks for all you do!

Shauna said...

What precious pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

Grandma Sue said...

Oh, I really don't like being so far away - Love the pictures of the kids - Jack is growing way too fast - Maddie is too precious!!

Lani said...

What sweeties!
Jack is getting huge! He's so cute.
Don't you just love when you see spiritual growth in them as well as physical? It just makes you smile.

Liz and Grant said...

It cracks me up that the little girl "totally cheated". Wish we could have been there, the kids are getting way too big. Plus everyone knows that any party with a pinata is the place to be :)

Janelle said...

Thanks for posting all the cute pictures of the kids. We really miss them. Just have to tell you that Dave & I also take a bowl of candy into our room and hide out. I wanted to admit that to you - figured it would make you proud of me too :} Love you guys!
Janelle

cpcgporter said...

I'm so proud of Maddie for telling the truth about the candy, Maddie ask Mommy to tell you about Uncle Bud and the stripped toothpase on her pillow. Any ways what cute kids and sweet pics and stories!!!!xxxxo from Idaho

Porter Family said...

Awww. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days!!!!

Liz said...

I can just picture Maddy telling you that, working up the courage so slowly. Too bad Maddy's honesty didn't wear off on Hailey. She'd have blamed it on Greggers, her favorite scapegoat.