Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Here I come

Yesterday Jack officially started to walk. A couple of weeks ago I caught him taking a few steps towards a toy or something, but if I tried get him to walk to me, he would just drop to his knees and crawl. I really think that he could of walked, he just didn't think he could do it! Yesterday the girls were playing with him in his room while I was making dinner and they came frantically running and calling to me that Jack had just walked to them. So, I ran in there and tried to get him to walk to me and he did! He took about 4 steps. H wanted to keep trying all night, and he has been doing it today too. I will admit I have not captured any great shots, but I do have some. He sure is proud of himself. When he makes it a few steps we all cheer for him and than he claps for himself! He is adorable, what can I say.




Sadie actually took this picture yesterday after the girls came to tell me the exciting news.
As a side note, today we finally took Jack to the eye specialist, we made the appointment nearly 4 months ago, and this was the soonest we could get him in. He says that everything is fine. His eye works perfectly fine with no vision problems. He said the muscle in the eyelid is most likely perfect, with the exception that the muscle is very slightly stretched. At this age, he feels we do not need to do anything. As he grows older, and he starts to grow into his body, the lid may look less noticeable.Whenhe is around 5 they could opt to do a small surgery to tighten the muscle, but its very likely that will not be necessary. The Dr. said to bring him back in when he turns 3. Of course if we notice things getting worse, bring him in sooner. So, I guess its good news. All is fine.



6 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

Walking just in time to impress his aunts - what a guy - glad to hear that he is OK - Your life now will be even busier - believe it or not!!!

The Patty Cake House said...

He is so cute!!! I love it when the start to walk and they are so proud of themselves :O) ---- so cute!!!

Janelle said...

Go Jack! (And he will), not that he already doesn't :) How about posting some video of the action? We love your pictures and all the news. Thanks so much!

Liz and Grant said...

Yay Jack! He is getting so big, glad to hear his eyes are good for now.

shurnuandbeagsly said...

Glad to hear good news from the eye specialist.
And, congrats on the walking, I think! :)

Porter Family said...

Bud was on roller skates for the limbo, so he couldn't bend backwards. Don't you remember your Skate Plaza days? :) Hope your trip was fun--can't wait to hear all about it!