Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A spray paint mishap and a new phone

Today I was working on a new house project. A friend and I found a bed on the side of the road and decided with a little spray paint it would be great! So, today the girls and I were spray painting away and all was going well until poor little Sadie was screaming that she got paint in her eyes! After calling poison control and flushing her eyes for 15 minutes, she is fine. Aside from the little streak of black in her hair, she will not have any permanent damage. Poor little Sa! ( I am guessing the spray paint will eventually come out of her hair?????)

The sweetest part was after we had flushed out Sadie's eye (with much screaming by the way) Maddie came out of her room and said that she had just said a prayer for Sadie. We were so touched that she would think of that all on her own and to also be so sensitive to her sister's needs. Also, I found an old phone in a box and Madelynn thought it would be a great idea to put it in her room! I didn't see any reason for her not to have it, so we set it up. She has been so cute, calling relatives and friends and waiting with baited breath for the phone to ring because it might be a call for her! Finally a call came from Grandma Cindy(thanks mom!) and I took her picture. Later Uncle Grant called and Payson too! So, if anyone feels like making her day, give her a call sometime!


5 comments:

Mandy said...

Yikes! At first I just saw the pictures of Sa and thought it was a big scrape/scab all over her face and nose and was all worried. Thank goodness it's only spray paint, and thank goodness for poison control. Had to call them myself the other day. So cute about Maddie and her phone. She is such a little teanager. We would have called tonight but were at Alex's birthday party. Maybe tomorrow :)

The Patty Cake House said...

Poor Poor Sadie!!! :( But the pictures of Maddie on the phone are sooooo cute!!!!

Porter Family said...

Payson loved calling her and wants to do it again sometime. She cracks me up.

Grandma Sue said...

Poor Sa - Give her a big hug from me - Will Maddie wake up if someone calls you late? or do you turn off the ringer at night?

KrizteeTrain said...

Damon--let me kno wif any little boys start calling too late and I'll "take care of it."

You know. "My way."