Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summertime!

We have been having a great summer so far. We have been swimming and enjoying being outside. These next couple of pictures will be backwards, but once loaded I don't know how to move them. A couple of weeks ago we went with some friends and caught some tadpoles. I thought it would be fun for the girls to watch the transformation to a frog. They really loved it! Well, this morning one was completely a frog! I can not believe how fast it goes. One morning you wake up and he has legs, a couple of days later, arms, and than he loses his tail! The girls knew that once he was a frog, we were going to let them go back to the creek. They were pretty sad, but Madelynn caught him this morning out of the tank and put him in a little bowl and we dropped him off on the way to church. Madelynn said that it was so hard to say good bye to a pet(they named him Charlie) but I assured him he would be much happier in the creek. Though, I even had a little tug of the heart letting him go, I hope he adapts well to his new envirement.
Dropping him off at his new home. Saying good bye this morning. All dressed for church too, they look so cute!

Here is little Charlie.

And as a tadpole, a little bit of a fuzzy picture.
I took this picture last week, pretty huh? We had a lot of rain last week.


The girls convinced me to get them a slip n slide, its totally ripping up my grass, but they love it! Below an action shot of Maddie


Sadie just runs down it! She does not like to get her face wet, we start swimming lessons tomorrow, hopefully that helps!


Cute smile!


Jack is a crazy man in the sprinkler! And the pool too, I have him in a life jacket at all times when we are there!


Maddie finished up preschool a couple of weeks ago too. Below is a picture of her with Shantel. She had a great year, as a side note, one boy named Ethan was in her class and is in our ward too. Shantel had told me a few times they were pretty chummy, always wanting to sit together and that, well anyways.... last Sunday I guess Maddie saw Ethan in Sacrament meeting, and waved and smiled at him. His mom told me that Ethan got a huge smile and than said " Mom, Maddie is so beautiful!" Her and I just died laughing about that! So, it appears she has her first admirer!

5 comments:

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

Yay for summer! Looks like you guys are really enjoying it! So cute that Sadie has a little admirer too....:)

Grandma Sue said...

Wow - they aren't all girlie - willing to catch a frog is yecky to some girls - great science project for here!!

The Patty Cake House said...

I love how Sadie is running down the slip and slide that made me laugh. Is she a girl or what?!?!? You are such a good mom to let them catch a frog and keep it. My boys would think that was the greatest thing ever - we may just have to go on a frog hunt. :)

Shantel said...

Oh I miss you sweet Maddie! I'm glad you guys are having a great summer, we're loving it here but sure miss our friends in MS!

KrizteeTrain said...

I think it's so funny that you just HAD to mention that you had Jack in a life jacket the whole time he was in the water. Just like a good mom. Like we didn't know :D