Last Saturday I went to McKenzie's baptism. I was feeling so sick about missing it and finally Da just said "you are going!" I was hesitant to leave the rest of my family behind, but Da assured me that they would be fine and have a great time, so I took Jack with me and off we went to Spokane for the weekend. The first night I was there I was missing Da and the girls so bad, but it turned out fine and I am so happy I went.
It was so sweet to be there and share in her day. When the opening song started up, I just started bawling and I remembered Liz's baptism 12 years previously and I was just full of gratitude that I can share in her sweet family.
Huisman family
Hailey, me and Kenz. Liz went to go get her girls from school on Friday I stayed back with Sharon and all the boys. When Kenz and Hay sprinted to me and threw themselves in my arms the whole trip was worth it! We have missed them so much! I just love those girls!(and greg and connor too of course)
Dave and Kenz, such a cute smile! Soooo proud of you Mckenzie!

Sharon, Liz and myself were able to take a girls night out while I was there! Such fun! We went out to eat at a Thai place and sat there reminiscing about the Pullman days for hours! We than went to do a little shopping and ended up all buying the same purse! I know we are dorks, but it was so fun to hang out again!

I loved spending some time with all of our families too. I saw my parents and Cass and her kids of course, Matt and Sue and Dave and Janelle and Poteets and grandparents. For those of you I did not get a chance to visit with, please do not be offended, it was a very short trip! Below is a picture of Dad with Jack and Elli. Jack loved Dad, probably because Dad carried him around and took him where ever he pointed!
I took this picture of Jack, Eli, Connor and Noah (Greg was somewhere around there). It just made me laugh to see all those boys together playing in the dirt.

I just want to thank my very sweet husband for sending me on this trip! It meant so much to me and I really appreciated you staying home with the girls! I love you honey!!!!!! Which by the way, they had a great time eating doughnuts and delicious food like spaghetti-o's, going to the zoo and playing t-ball!
It was so sweet to be there and share in her day. When the opening song started up, I just started bawling and I remembered Liz's baptism 12 years previously and I was just full of gratitude that I can share in her sweet family.
Huisman family
Sharon, Liz and myself were able to take a girls night out while I was there! Such fun! We went out to eat at a Thai place and sat there reminiscing about the Pullman days for hours! We than went to do a little shopping and ended up all buying the same purse! I know we are dorks, but it was so fun to hang out again!
I loved spending some time with all of our families too. I saw my parents and Cass and her kids of course, Matt and Sue and Dave and Janelle and Poteets and grandparents. For those of you I did not get a chance to visit with, please do not be offended, it was a very short trip! Below is a picture of Dad with Jack and Elli. Jack loved Dad, probably because Dad carried him around and took him where ever he pointed!
I just want to thank my very sweet husband for sending me on this trip! It meant so much to me and I really appreciated you staying home with the girls! I love you honey!!!!!! Which by the way, they had a great time eating doughnuts and delicious food like spaghetti-o's, going to the zoo and playing t-ball!




6 comments:
That is so great that you got to go, I'm sure it meant a lot to have you there. I loved the pictures - very, very sweet.
Well, we are so glad you made the trip. Loved seeing you and Jack. We've been calling him "baby Jack" do we need to change that to "toddler Jack" or something else? He's so big. Now we need to see Da and the girls, when is their trip? Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day (I'm sure you did) Love & Miss you
Da sure is a good husband to know what his wife needs. I am glad that you could come home for a short visit and be there for a very special day.
Well apparently our party was not a highlight :) It was soooo good to see you and Jack. We miss you all so much all the time. Can't wait till you get to come again in a few months!!
Yay for Da! Yup, it's good to let the wife have a break once in a while, and for such a good reason/cause too!
It was wonderful to see you and Jack, and we can't wait to hang out with the rest of your clan this summer.
I'm so glad you came. I think it meant a lot to Kenzie that you were here. It feels so full circle that you got to see my daughter baptized.
Post a Comment