Sunday, March 21, 2010

His Name

On Friday we were able to have our ultrasound and see this new little one that is arriving this summer. We are thrilled to be expecting another sweet little BOY!!!! He looks really good, everything is developing as it should, he is growing( he is big, but that's not too shocking for my babies) and I am sure he is going to be adorable!

I will admit, the girls were a bit disappointed, they really wanted a girl. On the ride home Maddie said, " I really wanted it to be a girl. Maybe if I prayed really really hard, Heavenly Father will change it to a girl" Not likely Maddie! :) Da and I are so happy, its a perfect family, two of each, right next to each other in age. Jack does not know it yet, but he is going to love having a brother.

We have decided that we will name him Kevin Porter. My dad's middle name is Kevin, and of course my maiden name is Porter. One night before I was even pregnant, I was reading my scriptures, enjoying some quiet time with the kids asleep, when I had this thought. I immediately told Da that if we ever had another boy, I really wanted to name him after my dad. Da very quickly said, I feel really good about that. We decided that Kevin would be the first name, and after we found that I was pregnant, we quickly decided that Porter would be a perfect middle name. My dad is a very special person to me, and to Da as well. He has always been a wonderful example to me through out my life. He is a righteous priesthood holder and has a strong testimony of the gospel. He has always been the patriarch of our family. While growing up, I was blessed with many father's blessings from him, and since Da and I have been married, he has had that blessing and opportunity too. We are proud and happy to name our son after him.

A few shots of our new little man.
A little hand


Now that we finally know that a boy is on the way, we can't wait to see what he will look like, meet him, and welcome him into our family. It always amazes me the tremendous love that Da and I can have for a little person we have not even met yet. What a blessing.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

You guys got some great shots! It's so fun to know that he is a boy, and looking healthy and well. Yay!!!

Darren and Laura said...

Congrats again!!!! i can't wait to meet him

Brooke said...

Congrats!!! Everyone is having boys that I know.

Grandma Sue said...

I am carving his name in wood now so you can't change your mind

Janelle said...

we are so excited. Congratulations!

Porter Family said...

Congrats again on giving Payson another boy cousin. It is about time things got more evened out for him and Bubbs! :) Love the name, dad is awesome!

Liz and Grant said...

He looks cute already! Your ultrasound shots are soo clear compared to what I normally see.

Rachel said...

So fun! Worked out perfect I think. :)