Monday, August 10, 2009

Campout

My parents had a campout for the all the grandkids and they had so much fun. They set the tent up in the backyard, and they slept in it with all the kids(that wanted too, some of the little ones bailed of course). Before that though we all had a campfire and had smores(made with Reese's peanut butter cup.....delicious!) and told scary stories. Payson told the story of the bloody toe, and I hope I never forget him telling that story because it was so cute! I love this picture of my mom, what a fun grandma! In the tent getting ready for bed, I guess they all had a pretty good nights sleep
Payson and Madelynn, too cute



We only had one day that my entire family was together. Bud's trip and our trip only overlapped by a day, and we did not even take a big family picture. I am so sad about that! But I really enjoyed spending that time together. When you are a grown up, and all your siblings live all over, the time when you get all together is far and few in between. It makes you appreciate it when you do get the chance.




2 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! Your mom is still cute as ever!!

Porter Family said...

I have a video of the bloody toe!! I just have to get around to posting it.