Monday, August 10, 2009

There's no place like home........

The next several posts will be about our trip home to spend time with our family and friends. I thought about making one long post, but decided it would be easier this way. But be prepared for a long one here, feel free to skim. As I use this as a family journal, I want to get in as much as possible. We had a great time visiting with our family and friends. The time went fast, but we stayed busy too. There really is no place like home, and I think we all had a hard time saying good bye. The kids were able to spend time with their grandparents( all sets) and aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. I have realized that I am really good about blogging what I have pictures of, so I do want to mention a few things that we did that I do not have pictures of. We spent as much time as we could with everyone, but two weeks does go fast. Maddie and Kierstyn spent a lot of time playing together, and for some crazy reason I do not have a picture of them together. We took the kids to silverwood with quite a bit of our family and friends and of course as usual, we had blast. Cass even convinced Heath to go on aftershock( a crazy roller coaster that goes 70 miles an hour and goes upside down) I would never go on that thing! Heath said that she had to be braver than me so she did it! I guess I must be pretty wimpy because Mckenzie went on it twice! And kierstyn went too! At least I have sue in my corner, we are agreed " NO WAY!" It was a fun day! Reese rode in our car with us and he and Sadie were very cute together. He assured her that he would ride all the rides with her, and when he went on the big roller coasters, afterwards he would come right back to her. It was sweet.
A picture of Jack and Ellie in the kiddy pool together. These two were cute, they would kiss and smile at each other, and play following games. But they would fight too! Cass and I would just let them duke it out and laugh about it. Sadly, Jack usually lost, what can I say, the girls let him have what ever he wants. A cute picture of Reese


Maddie and Hay, it was so sad when these two had to say good bye! Hailey and Maddie were both just bawling! They are such sweet little friends, liz and I have decided that they love each other so unconditionally!


I fixed Maddie and Kenz's hair the same for silverwood day
And hay and Sadie

Now look at this little darling! She did not want me to fix her hair, and Kierstyn had left sick, or she would have matching hair too.
We had a fhe night at liz and dave's with mandy and george. The first year in pullman, we had fhe together all the time with them and with bud and heath too. Those were some good times.





Payson, Sadie, Hailey, Madelynn, Mckenzie, and Reese


On our last night we were able to see Da's uncles and aunts too. (no pictures of that either) but we did get this picture of all these grand kids(minus grant and liz's in utero)
I wanted to include this picture because Sue is the sweetest grandma ever. Sadie loves playing dolls, and dressing them in clothes. Well one day she tells grandma sue that she really needs some doll clothes(she didn't have any). A few days later, grandma sue delivered and made some doll clothes.! ok, the picture just disappeared! But it was cute of sadie holding a doll with some doll clothes on!










Uncle luke and sadie working on a glass project that aunt kit brought. Every year she lets the kids make christmas ornaments, and than she mails them to them at the holidays. Sadie really loved it this year.
A group shot of all the kids making ornaments



Mom and dad let us host a slumber party, we(or them) must of been crazy! We made one big bed for Mckenzie, Sadie, Maddie, Ashlyn, Hailey, Kierstyn, Payson , Reese, and jared is on the couch behind.


Luke and Maddie
I thought this was a cute picture of Jack

I included this picture because Jack loved the cats at my parents house! I didn't get a picture, but if he found one he would lay on it! It was so funny
Kids in the pool


Payson, so cute



Mandy and George had maddie and Sadie over for a slumber party one night. The girls have always loved mandy and george and they love them too. It has always been sweet to see their relationship. Maddie and georgey have always been the cutest cousins too. I hope that even with us living far away this relationship remains strong


Luke with some of the kids

I must say luke is a good brother. He drove all night to see us
We had such a wonderful time! I hope everyone knows how much we love them and miss them! We enjoyed seeing everyone of you! Even if we don't have the picture to show it!

8 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

All I can say is great blogging - pictures and comments - was a great read - sure miss you guys - think I'll buy some plane tickets tonight :)

Liz said...

I loved reading through your trip. We totally miss you guys already. It was so great to see your family. Ha got Maddie's letter today and couldn't stop grinning. I think I'll really have to pack her in my suitcase in January:)

The Patty Cake House said...

You are all so cute!!! I can't believe how much Liz and you still look exactly the same - how do you do it?? I bet going home was so fun - it is hard to be so far away.

Liz and Grant said...

Wow, you didn't leave anything out! Way to go on the blogging. Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a great visit, now time for a little relaxing :)

Mandy said...

We LOVED getting to spend some time with all of you! The boys were just pouring over this blog post, both of them reliving the fun times with their cousins! I think we miss you guys the most :)

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

Way to blog about all your fun home! Trips home get better and better the more spread out everyone is... you really do appreciate them so much more! Too bad we missed you guys by a day--hopefully our trips home will overlap sometime soon! Your kiddos are getting so big and I LOVED all the cousin pictures... so sweet!

Darren and Laura said...

i so totally wish i could have been there!!! but we did just book our tickets for christmas!!!!

Porter Family said...

Payson is still talking about how much fun he had up there. Nice job remembering everything. We sure miss you guys!