Today was the big day, Madelynn went to her first day of kindergarten. She was very excited, last night she couldn't fall asleep because she said she was so excited. On monday night, we went to meet the teacher. Her teacher is mrs. jones, and she seems very nice. She has been teaching in the district for 11 years. She has an assistant teacher, mrs. bryant,, which I think is great, especially for kindergarten.
She looked very cute and so grown up!

Just as we were leaving, Sadie (who was sound asleep) jumped up and ran into the garage to give Maddie a hug goodbye.

I took this picture of her in her classroom. She seemed a bit nervous, but ok. I held in my tears until I walked out of the classroom, and than I pretty much bawled my head off.

School starts pretty early here, 7:45. We are not early risers, and kindergarten is a full day. She gets out at 2:30, which is nice that I have most of the afternoon with her. But, she was on the couch cuddling with Da around 4:00, telling him about her day, and she just dozed off. Poor little girl, it will take awhile for her to get used to the early hours I suppose.

I am so proud of Maddie, she has grown into such a beautiful little girl, inside and out. I am proud to be her mommy!
5 comments:
What a big girl! I'm so happy I got to talk to her about her day today. George and I have always said that it won't take long before she is running that school! We sure love and miss our Maddie Girl.
That was just a great post. Makes me miss her more.
I can't wait to see you all on Christmas!!!
I love you maddie sue and i am so proud of you!!! i know you will do so awesome in school and will soon be teachers pet.. if not already:) love grandma cindy
Like Da said, "It pretty exhausting running a school by yourself :)."
Post a Comment