Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Good bye to an old friend

Well, while Liz was here we did get into a car accident! Some teenager rear ended us in the van. We were not seriously injured(liz has a pretty sore neck), but the van was not in great shape. The problem is that the van was not worth what it would cost to repair it, so the insurance company totaled it. It was pretty sad considering the van was paid for and it suited our family. We thought about it a lot and decided it was just best to let it go. They came and picked it up and towed it away last week. Truthfully I was fighting back tears. I am just so sentimental. We have had that van for 5 years and it has been great for us, we have had all our babies in it and so many road trips. Below are some farewell pics, I tried to take one as it was being towed away, but my camera batteries were dead.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

So sad. It really was a good van to you guys. We've said goodbye to several vehicles, and I always get a little sad, but we've never had one as long as the van. It seems weird that you don't have it anymore. When do we get pics of the new one?

Grandma Sue said...

Wow - it doesn't look that bad - so sad - but glad you are all ok

Shaila Lou said...

Scary to be in an accident. I'm glad it wasn't a really bad one. It really doesn't look that bad, too bad you had to get rid of it! Hope you like you're new vehicle, can't wait to see pics.

New house, new car...how much better can that get!!

Porter Family said...

Was it a sign that your batteries went dead when the car went away? :) I want new pictures of the Sienna! I'll always remember the good times in that van, like the trip to Seattle when Payson puked all over himself and the car seat and his blanket...ah, good times.

cpcgporter said...

good bye indeed a new van to go with the new house take ppics of everyone in new chairs in the van and post that i would love to see it. miss your van but miss the bums inside way more